Disney World offers 2 water parks, Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon. Between the 2 we have 10 Must Do’s for Disney Water Parks.
A common misconception is that Disney water parks are just for the summer. However, Disney water parks are open year-round (with at least 1 open at all times), weather permitting. Parks will close due to extreme weather. This gives guests 365 days to enjoy Disney Water parks.
1. Play Mini-Golf
Take the bus to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park to find the Winter Summerland Miniature Golf. Offering 2 family friendly 18-hole adventures.
2. Meet Lilo & Stitch
Typhoon Lagoon reminds Lilo & Stitch of home. Find them at Typhoon Lagoon, during the summer months only.
3. Lazy River
Both parks offer amazing Lazy Rivers, that are a favorite to many guests.
- Blizzard Beach – Cross Country Creek features a 3,000-foot-long relaxing float on a lazy river. Float around Disney’s Blizzard Beach, with 7 entry points around the park.
- Typhoon Lagoon – Castaway Creek features a 2,000-foot-long float down a lazy river. Float around Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon, with 5 entry points around the park.
4. Temporary Tattoos
Stop by for a temporary tattoo (picture from Blizzard Beach). This is one souvenir your child will not lose, or have to carry around!
5. Lottawatta Lodge Kids Meals
Visiting Lottawatta Lodge with children is a must. Since, Kids Meals are served with your own Sand Pail and Shovel, how fun is that?
6. Play In The Sand
Pictured above is Blizzard Beach, between the lounge chairs are the perfect spot to make good use out of the fun Bucket & Shovel from lunch.
7. Miss Adventure Falls
Miss Adventure Falls at Typhoon Lagoon is the newest attraction amongst the water parks. Each rafts holds 4 guests, enjoy a conveyour belt ride to the top, then enjoy the fun pirate theming and a talking parrot. Fun Fact: this attraction is the longest ride in history at Disney’s water parks!
Sometimes the best thing to do is just to relax. Find lounge chairs to soak up the sun, such as pictured about at Typhoon Lagoon.
9. Chair Lift
Blizzard Beach is themed after a former Ski resort that has melted, therefore guests will find hints of snow left behind and even Christmas music. Plus every ski resort isn’t complete without a Chair Lift. Ride the chair lift to experience various attractions. Guests must be 32″ to ride the Chair Lift.
Attractions accessed by Chair Lift:
- Slush Gusher – a 90-foot-long waterslide, less intense
- Summit Plummet – a 12-story drop and 120 ft long, the most thrilling waterslide at the park.
- Teamboat Springs – a family-style raft ride holds up to 6 Guests at a time
10. Photo Opportunities
Sticking with the winter theme is a fun Sleigh Photo Opportunity at Blizzard Beach. Typhoon Lagoon is also home to over the top theming, worthy of photos as well.
Learn more about each water park: Blizzard Beach Vs. Typhoon Lagoon.