Very Merrytime Cruises are special Holiday sailings on select Disney Cruises in November & December. Guests on board a Very Merrytime Cruise will enjoy added holiday cheer and entertainment. This is in addition to the regular magical experiences of a Disney Cruise! If you are considering a Very Merrytime Cruise with Disney Cruise Line, here are 9 reasons to go for it.
1. Kids get to help light the ship’s Christmas Tree. Children will love assisting with the Mickey’s Tree Lighting Magic Ceremony. The Christmas tree stands at 24-feet tall. Your favorite Disney pals will come out to celebrate lighting the tree with you.
2. See Santa & Mrs. Claus in different activities. Guests will see Santa & Mrs. Claus at the Mickey’s Winter Wonderland Ball. Mickey’s Winter Wonderland Ball is a celebration with Broadway-style entertainment. There is also a Santa Claus Meet & Greet for guests to take a photo and hug Santa. Additionally, children can enjoy a Christmas story read by Mrs. Claus! Children can gather around Mrs. Claus and her rocking chair, by the tree in the Atrium to hear the story.
3. Take a photo of the Gingerbread House. Gingerbread Houses are a favorite in select Disney parks and guests can see a large Gingerbread House onboard a Disney Cruise! See what the talented chefs come up with for the life-sized ship’s gingerbread house. These incredible gingerbread houses are made from all edible ingredients. This is a must see, al though you cannot eat it, take as many photos as you wish.
4. Visit with Characters in their Holiday attire. Part of the fun and uniqueness of a Disney cruise are your favorite Disney characters. Guests will find Frozen friends, plus Mickey & Minnie and more in their jolly outfits. Meet & greet for fun family holiday photos!
5. Holiday Activities are fun for the whole family. Guests will be able to participate in a variety of holiday activities, for kids and kids at heart. Make holiday cards, decorate a stocking and more. Also, participate in the holiday scavenger hunt!
6. There are activities just for teens & tweens. Youth guests on board will enjoy their own space and make new friends during youth parties. Here, teens and tweens will have a ball with dance extravaganzas and more.
7. Get your exclusive Holiday merchandise. Spread the cheer and purchase the perfect holiday gift on board. Guests can shop holiday-themed Disney Cruise Line merchandise during this time of year.
8. Even Castaway Cay, Disney’s private Island, gets in on the Holiday fun. The island is transformed for winter themed fun with a Christmas tree, snow flurries and more. Plus, encounter Mr. and Mrs. Snowman in their island attire. Additionally, find reindeer antlers and a tail on the island’s tram.
9. No cooking or clean up required. When you sail on a Disney cruise, everything is taken care of so guests have the chance to relax. One of the best parts of sailing for a holiday is time off from cooking & cleaning. Instead, simply enjoy!
photo credit: Disney Parks Blog
Read more about Disney Cruises