This Avocado Black Bean Salad was so easy to make and it lasted us for 4 days! Everyone really enjoyed it and it is something I will definitely be making again. It goes great as a side dish for Mexican dishes or use it as a stand alone entree and serve with tortilla chips.
- 1.5 cups of frozen corn, thawed or cut the corn from 3 cooked ears
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 15oz cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp lime juice (or use 4 drops of Lime Young Living Essential Oil)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 sliced Hass avocados
- Combine all ingredients except for the avocado in a large glass pan. Serve immediately or store in the fridge and let the flavors intensify.
- Slice the avocado just before serving. You can either dice it and mix it in or cut it into larger segments and place atop the salad.
Adapted from Once Upon a Chef.