Subscribe and Save is a financially beneficial service that Amazon offers to it’s customers. Each month, you can select for items to be shipped right to your door. When you receive 1-4 items per month, you automatically save 5% off the list price. But when you subscribe to 5 or more items per month, you save 15% off the list price!
In the picture above, I purchased the following items (these deals are no longer available):
- Oatmeal 12 ct boxes 4 pk – $7.49 ($1.87 ea; Walmart sells for $2.50 ea)
- Degree Deodorant 6 pk – $7.41 ($1.87 ea; Walmart sells for $1.98 ea)
- Plum Organics 2 pack – $8.15 ($4.07 ea; Walmart sells it for $8.28 ea)
- Cliff Kids Z Bar for Kids 18ct – $8.66 ($15.65 at Walmart)
- Go Go Squeeze 48ct – $20.50 ($0.43 ea; Walmart sells them for $0.62 ea without a coupon)
- Plum Mash Ups 6 pk — $15.15 ($2.52 ea; Walmart sells it for $2.97 ea)
- Poise Moderate Pads, 20 Count (Pack of 4) — $3.91 ($0.97 ea; Walmart sells them for $4.44 ea)
- Cottonelle Ultra Toilet Paper 32 double rolls — $13.57 ($0.42 per double roll; $0.58 per double roll at Walmart)
- Secret Deodorant 2 pk — $1.90 ($0.95 each; $1.98 ea at Walmart)
Grand total on Amazon: $90.56 Shipped
Grand total at Walmart without coupons: $133.13
Here are things you need to know about Subscribe and Save:
1. When you add an item to your Subscribe and Save order, you will be assigned a delivery date. Approximately 9 calendar days before this delivery date, your order will finalize and you won’t be able to add any additional items to it. My Subscribe and Save delivery date is the 12th of the month and I make sure to have all of my items added by the 3rd of the month.
2. As soon as you see a deal on a Subscribe and Save item, add it to your order. The deals sell out quickly and you don’t want to miss out on a great price.
3. When you add an item to your Subscribe and Save order, you can select how often you would like to receive it. I always select every 6 months. When I receive the item, I log into my account and cancel that item before the next shipment. You receive the deal price on your first shipment, but you are charged the current listed price on sub-sequential shippings. The best way to manage your order is to cancel items and re-add them when there is a deal available.
4. You need a minimum of 5 items to save 15% on your entire Subscribe and Save order, so always be on the lookout for inexpensive items to add to your order. I will add an item that costs between $1-$2 to my order in order to get to 5 items. If I find deals on 6+ items per month, I will remove the inexpensive item if I don’t need it. It’s purpose is to get me to 5 items unless I find a better deal to take it’s place.
5. Compare the cost of Subscribe and Save items to the shelf price at Walmart or the listed prices in your Pricebook. Most of the deals I get each month are about half of what something costs at Walmart.
6. Subscribe and Save orders automatically ship for free. There is no minimum to qualify for.
7. If you would like to change your Subscribe and Save delivery date, visit the Subscribe and Save section of Your Account. Select Edit Delivery Date beside your monthly delivery date and then use the calendar to select a new date.
8. If you want to keep an item on your Subscribe and Save order but you want it delivered in either a different quantity or a different month, you can change this information in the Subscribe and Save section of Your Account.
9. To cancel a Subscribe and Save item, visit the Subscribe and Save section of Your Account. Click on the item that you want to cancel and select Edit Subscription. You can then click on Cancel Subscription and the item will be removed from your orders.
10. The best deals for Subscribe and Save are usually toilet paper, GoGo Squeeze, paper towels and other items that go on sale at an awesome price.