To stay on-site or off-site for a Disney World vacation is a question that comes up often. Today, settle the debate for yourself after you read 7 Reasons To Stay On-Site & 5 Reasons To Stay Off-Site.
7 Reasons To Stay On-Site
1. Transportation – For those who arrive by plane, the Magical Express provides transportation to and from the airport (Orlando International Airport) and your hotel and your luggage will be delivered to your room. Once at your resort, busses and even the monorail or a boat provide all your transportation needs to the parks and Disney Springs.
2. Extra Magic Hours – Extra Magic Hours are exclusive to those guests staying at a Walt Disney World resort. Check park hours during your travel dates to see which “Extra Magic Hours” are being offered. These allow guests either early entry, or late stay at a Disney Park. At least one park will have Extra Magic Hours daily.
3. Early Fastpass+ Booking – Enjoy the benefit of booking your Fastpass+ 60 days out from your 1st day of vacation (and up to 10 days thereafter), oppose to non-resort guests at 30 days out earliest. On your 60 day mark be ready at 7am EST to grab the most sought after Fastpass+ such as Avatar – Flight of Passage and Slinky Dog Dash.
4. Magic Band – Your Magic Band is your key to the parks, your hotel room and can even be used for purchases. For WDW Resort guests a standard MagicBand is included with your stay.
5. Dining Plan – Guests who stay on-site can choose to add a Disney Dining Plan. This allows guests to pre-pay for their food and in exchange receive food credits, for meals & snacks to use as you please. Typically in the fall, free dining is offered (never guaranteed to come around again and exclusions apply).
6. No Parking Fees – If you choose to use 100% Disney Transportation the length of your stay (which is convenient and complimentary for Resort Guests), you avoid all parking fees. This savings can add up quickly.
- Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
- Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
- Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
- All 4 Theme Parks Standard Car Parking Fee: $22 per day
7. Time – Guests staying on-site save time by being on Disney World Property and having everything at their finger tips. From easy access to Resort hopping and shorter travel times to the parks.
5 Reasons To Stay Off-Site
2. Party Size – If you have a family/group of 5+, Disney gets more expensive. Value Resorts hold 4 guests (with an additional guest under 3 allowed). While Disney has options for larger groups at Disney, they are more costly.
3. Area Attractions – Staying off-site makes it easier to visit nearby attractions, and leave the Disney Bubble. Such as the beach or Universal Studios and Sea World. For those that find Disney overwhelming, staying off-site can be a nice break from the parks.
4. Last Minute Vacations – With options on your side, you can search last minute bargain hotel websites. Unlike Disney where booking in advance has its advantages, deals can be found up until last minute off-site.
5. Space – Staying off-site travelers can often find hotel rooms with more space for the same money as a Disney Resort. For those who prefer to spread out, off-site may be great.
Off-site Recommendations: Wyndham Lake Buena Vista and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista make up the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Disney Springs Resort located at Disney Springs Resort area. The resorts are within walking distance to Disney Springs and offer continuous shuttle services to and from the Disney parks. Also, read Orlando, Florida Area Hotels Near Walt Disney World.