It is a challenge to figure out if you want to stay in a value resort or if you want to pay $30+ per night to stay at a moderate resort. Here are the 5 biggest differences between value resorts and moderate resorts at Walt Disney World:
1. Slides – The pools at the moderate resorts all have a slide for Guests to enjoy. If you plan to spend a lot of time at the pool, this can be an extra perk for booking at a moderate resort.
2. Table-Service restaurants – Most moderate resorts have a table-service restaurant. This is nice for a break from the hustle and bustle of the Quick-Service restaurant. My favorite table-service at the moderates is Boatwright’s at Port Orleans Riverside.
3. Lounges – If an adult beverage is your way to relax and unwind, all of the moderates have a themed lounge. Port Orleans Riverside is best known for Piano Bob who serenades Guests in the evening.
4. Queen size beds – Moderates are more about the comfort level for the Guests. Not only are the rooms 30% bigger, but the beds are queen size instead of the full size you get at the values.
5. Different atmosphere – Moderate resorts are half the size (or even less) of the value resorts. This creates for a less hectic, less noisier atmosphere. They are also themed with more foliage that creates a more peaceful feeling.
Which resort will you choose?