Disney World Resorts offer more than a place to sleep at night, they offer an experience. Consider a day at your Disney Resort, or a day Resort Hopping to explore more. Disney Resorts have many fun experiences, worthy of spending your time on. Learn, 15 Fun & Free things to do at Disney Resorts.
- See Animals At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – This Resort contains a total of 4 savannas with over 200 animals and birds from over 30 species that call it home. See African wildlife such as zebras, flamingos, giraffes and more. There are public viewing areas outside as well as many viewing windows in the Resort.
- Let Children Play At A Playground – Each Disney Resort offers a playground for children with slides and more. Let them get some energy out before you head to your room for the night.
- Transportation – Transportation is included in your Disney World Resort stay. Consider visiting a Resort with boat or monorail transportation. Read: Transportation Tips.
- Chip ‘N’ Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long – Enjoy a free campfire sing-a-long at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness, plus interact with Chip n’ Dale. Additionally, other Disney resorts offer Marshmallow roasting over a campfire.
- Watch Movies Under The Stars – Watch a Disney film outdoors each evening at your Resort (weather permitting). Check with your resort for location. For instance, at Art of Animation it takes place in the grass between The Lion King and Find Nemo Buildings.
- Pop Century Scavenger Hunt – If you find yourself at Pop Century, try the Pop Century Scavenger hunt. Plus, check out the fun photo opportunity!
- Meet Characters – Part of the fun of visiting Disney World is meeting characters. Did you know you can find Characters at Disney Resorts as well? Read: Tips for Meeting Characters at your Resort.
- Pool Time – Enjoying your Resort pool is a great way to spend a day or afternoon while at Disney World. Each Resort offers pools with fun theming, plus Moderate and Deluxe Resorts will have a waterslide at the main pool. Free life jackets are provided for children. (swimming at a Resort other than your own is not permitted)
- Watch Fireworks – While the eye-level entertainment will be unseen, fireworks themselves can be seen from a variety of Disney Resort locations. Learn which Disney Resorts has fireworks views.
- Watch The Electrical Water Pageant – On Weather permitting evenings, guests can watch the Electrical Water Pageant from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Learn How To Draw – Take a Teach to Draw Classes at Art of Animation and learn how to draw a Disney character (stop by the lobby).
- Free Tours & Samples – Guests can take a Free Tour of Jiko or Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. It includes samples of their popular foods.
- Hidden Mickey Hunt – Search for hidden Mickey’s. Specifically, try the Hidden Mickey Hunt at Wilderness Lodge. Stop by concierge to get a free Hidden Mickey Hunt to complete around the resort.
- Simba Activity Center – Stop by for family fun. They have free crafts and paid crafts, games to play and lots more! Find at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- Admire Christmas Decorations – Starting early November through early January each year guests will see holiday decorations at the parks. Certain Disney Resorts go all out, learn 7 must visit Disney World Resorts to visit during the Christmas Season.