The only thing better than an M&M cookie is a GIANT M&M cookie! Serving a plate of giant cookies makes a great impression at parties and gatherings. The colorful M&M’s make the cookies fun, festive and nearly irresistible!
2 sticks of butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½ cups M&Ms
Optional: 1 cup of nuts, milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer blend together butter and sugars
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Stir in M&M’s and any additional mix-ins.
- Using a ½ cup measuring cup as a cookie scoop to make your large cookies
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes
Allow your cookies to cool slightly on the cookie sheet before removing to cool onto a wire rack. Enjoy these gooey and decadent cookies with a big glass of milk! Makes approximately two dozen cookies, so there is enough to share!
Jessica Shockney is a mother of two and a Baltimore City Firefighters’ wife. Jessica is passionate about writing, photography, baking and gardening. She’s a busy mom trying to keep up in a Pinterest world of successes and fails.