So, I’m at the grocery store, like you do. I’ve got that sweet, new, supped up budget. I’ve got a couple of digital coupons and there is not only an in-store sale on fruit, but there is a Buy 4, Save $4. The world is my oyster. I get to the meat and what’s this? Sales! Sales as far as the eye can see! I want to throw my arms wide and spin in a circle of glee, ala Julie Andrews in ‘The Sound of Music.’ My heart has been blessed with the sound of savings, and I’ll sing once mooooooore!
Then it hits me.
I cannot stock up on these meats. I cannot stock up on the Buying 4 and Saving $4 delights. I can only shop for my most immediate needs. True SavEar torture. The horror! The horror!
Why? Because, my Internet friends, the Bs have bought a house! That’s right, a year and a half after relocating for Mr. B’s job, it looks like we’ll be sticking around. Which is terrific. Not so terrific is moving food stuffs, even if it is only across town. Dry goods aren’t terrible, but no one wants to be hauling around frozen pounds of chicken all over the place.
For the next few weeks, I’ll be curbing my SavEar training and only taking advantage of deals that meet my immediate needs. Don’t feel too bad for me, though. The new house I was telling you about? Comes complete with an EXTRA fridge and freezer in the garage. Pretty soon I’ll be able to stock up on everything I ever wanted. See you on the other side, stockpile.
- Bananas, 2.4 lb-$1.32.
- Bell Peppers (3)-$3.75.
- Blackberries, 6 oz (4)-$3.96. Down to .99 from $2.99 a piece!
- Heritage Farm Chicken Breasts, 10.5 lb-$20.92.
- Kroger Cheese-$2.
- Kroger Coffee Filters, 200 ct-$1.39.
- Kroger Milk-$1.19.
- London Broil, 2.32 lb-$10.42.
- Mangoes, (2)-$1.98.
- Mediterranean Gouda-$3.60.
- Multi Grain Cheerio (2)-$4.58. Normally $3.79, then went down to $2.79 with the Buy 4, Save $4 in store sale. Stacked with a *Digital Coupon* for $1 off of 2 GM cereals.
- Oui Yogurt-$1.10. .40 off with a *Digital Coupon*.
- Peanut Butter M&Ms-$0. Free Friday Digital Download.
- Pretzel Rolls, 8-$1.49. Clearanced baked goods for the win.
- Roma Tomatoes, 1.16 lb-$1.15.
- Silk Almond Milk, .5 Gal (2)-$4. Initially each $2.99, the B4S4 Sale took off $1 a piece.
- Strawberries, 1 lb (2)-$4. Down from $3 each with in-store sale.
- Swordfish Steak, 1.25 lb-$9.06. More seafood clearance! A feast for me!
- Zataran Rice Mix-$1.49.
- Apps I’ll submit to: Fetch Rewards, Ibotta (.25 off Any Item), Saving Star ($1 off 2 Big G Cereals)
Total Budget: $76.01
Total Spent: $78.42
Total Saved: $22.19
Deducted from Next Trip: $2.41
How is your stockpile doing? Do my folks with backup fridges have any advice for me? Holler at me in the comments!
Kristen B. is wife to the best Prince around, mama to the spunkiest little princesses, and lover of all things Disney. She started her savings journey three years ago and is now dedicated to making her family’s wishes come true one coupon at a time. She is so excited to take her love of saving to the next level and share her journey with you! Click here to catch up on Kristen’s Savings and join in on your own savings adventure!