First shopping trip of the month! Always feels full of possibility and promise. A fresh, clean budget. The grocery world at your feet.
For my Type 1 Diabetic peeps, my hyper glycemic peeps, my special diet peeps: get a Kroger rewards card. Even if you never shop there. Here’s why: Kroger has a program called the Free Friday Download. Every Friday, a new digital coupon becomes available for a free item. You have two weeks from the download date to purchase the item. Very often, the products chosen as Free Friday Downloads are the kind of thing I like to have on hand in case of a low blood sugar situation. I’m consistently stocking up on hard candy and protein bars to have in the car, my purse, my husband’s work bag…because you never know when low blood sugar is going to hit. So grab yourself a Kroger card and save yourself some cash on those special diet essentials.
- Airheads Candy-$0. Free Friday *Digital Coupon*.
- Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream (2)-$5.98. The Buy 5, Save 5 sale brought these down to $2.99 each.
- Blueberries, (2 pints)-$5. Still rocking the blueberry sale.
- Boar’s Head Pepperoni, 3/4lb-$4.77.
- Gatorade Fuel Bar-$0. Free Friday Download *Digital Coupon*.
- Green Beans, 1lb-$1.
- Heritage Farm Chicken Breasts, 5 lb-$10.07.
- Highland Cheddar-$2.59.
- Kraft Dressing (2)-$1.98. B5S5 brings it to $1.49, *Digital Coupon* stack of $1 off 2.
- Kroger Canned Tomatoes (4)-$1.96. Only .49 each.
- Kroger Eggs, 1 dozen-.99.
- Kroger Fettucine (2)-.76. Marked down to .88, I had a *Digital Coupon* for .60 off 2. Coupon stack for another .40 off.
- Kroger Ground Turkey, 1lb-$2.25. *Digital Coupon* for .75 off.
- Kroger Milk-.69.
- Kroger Sweet Dinner Sausage, 1lb-$0. Best Customer Bonus *Digital Coupon*.
- Mangoes (4)-$3.96.
- Merry Aged Gouda-$3.79.
- Mott Fruit Snacks-.99. B5S5 brings this down from $1.99.
- Pssst Red Chile Powder-$1.
- Red Gold Green Chile Tomatoes (4)-$3. *Digital Coupon* knocked off .80 when you buy 4. Which I did.
- Red Grapes, 1.94 lb-$1.92.
- Roma Tomato, 1.81 lb-$1.79.
- Vidal Onions, 2.31 lb-$2.06.
- Zataran Rice Mix (2)-$2.38.
- *Digital Coupon* for 2x Fuel points.
- Submit to Find & Save for .50 back when you spend $50 at Kroger, Ibotta for .25 off Any Item, Fetch Rewards.
Total Budget: $65
Total Spent: $58.99
Total Saved: $24.81
Rollover for Next Trip: $6.01
If you enjoy these trip recaps, have we got a treat for you! In addition to these posts, I’ll also be blogging about my weekly meal plan. You can see how I use the Saving to Disney meal planning resources to make meals based on the food listed in my trips. I hope you’ll be reading along!
Kristen B. is wife to the best Prince around, mama to the spunkiest little princesses, and lover of all things Disney. She started her savings journey three years ago and is now dedicated to making her family’s wishes come true one coupon at a time. She is so excited to take her love of saving to the next level and share her journey with you! Click here to catch up on Kristen’s Savings and join in on your own savings adventure!