Friends, when I head into a shopping trip with overflow from last week I feel untouchable. I imagine myself as Wonder Woman, slashing through the injustice of retail prices and fighting for the righteousness of reasonably priced produce! This week’s shopping trip, I felt like I needed an epic soundtrack beneath me. The joys of being under budget are not to be trifled with. It gives you a freedom and margin of error that makes shopping, even with coupons and on a budget, more of an adventure and less of a task.
- Aged Gouda-$3.89.
- Black Forest Organic Gummy Worms-$0. Free Friday Download *Digital Coupon*.
- Blueberries, 1 pint (2)-$4. $2 a pint, down from $3.
- Eggs, 18 ct-$1. I know, I’m cheating on Target. But the price was too good. Don’t judge me.
- Kroger Canned Tomatoes (4)-$2.12.
- Kroger Dry Pasta (2)-$1.76. Normally $1 each, now down to .88.
- Kroger Frozen Fruit Bars, 12 ct-$2.50. Down from $3.50.
- Kroger Ground Turkey, 1lb (2)-$5. These are still $2.50 each, so I am still bringing them home!
- Kroger Instant Yeast, 3 ct (2)-$1.78. Down to .89 each from $1.39.
- Kroger Pickles-$1.49. Down from $2.99.
- Kroger Sausage, 1lb-$2.99.
- Lipton Pure Leaf Tea-$0. Free with my Free Friday Download *Digital Coupon*!
- Mangoes (5)-$5. Down from $1.25 each.
- Peaches, 1.88lb-$2.43.
- Private Selection Cavatappi, 16 oz-$1.34. Down from $1.99.
- Private Selection Sliced Pepperoni, .75 lb-$5.14.
- Strawberrys, 1lb (2)-$5.
- Tomatoes on the Vine, 2.03lb-$2.01.
- Tyson Chicken Thighs, 7lbs -$9.28. These were down to $1.29 a lb this week.
- Vidal Onions, 1.42lb-$1.41.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes, 5lb-$3. That’s .60 a lb.
- Zataran Yellow Rice (2)-$2.50.
*Digital Coupon* submitted to receive 4x the amount of gas points on total purchase.
Submit to Ibotta for .25 rebate for any grocery item.
Total Budget: $76.46
Total Spent: $63.58
Total Saved: $23.28
Rollover for Next Trip: $12.88
How are your grocery budgets going? Do you have a grocery trip theme song? Sing it to me in the comments!
Kristen B. is wife to the best Prince around, mama to the spunkiest little princesses, and lover of all things Disney. She started her savings journey three years ago and is now dedicated to making her family’s wishes come true one coupon at a time. She is so excited to take her love of saving to the next level and share her journey with you! Click here to catch up on Kristen’s Savings and join in on your own savings adventure!