Today was day 4 of everyday at Disney. We decided to go to Epcot for a couple hours. We hit some traffic in I-4 on our drive over so we didn’t get to the parking lot until 8:40. By the time we parked and got to security, it was 8:50 AM.
1. Epcot is testing new security measures – They were sending everyone through the metal detectors. They had the tables set up with a metal detector right behind each table. They had a separate line for people with strollers. Since I had Molly Kate in a stroller, they sent me to the stroller line but had my other 2 kids wait in the regular line. They checked the bags and then scanned me with a wand. It took about 10 minutes. It wasn’t horrible since they had so many Cast Members on hand, but it was frustrating because it was not signed well.
2. Nobody goes to Mission Space at opening – We finally entered the park at 8:58 AM. We went straight to Mission Space which was empty. The kids got right on while I took Molly Kate into the gift shop to play in Launch Bay (the playground). After they rode, we played around for a few minutes. They have a lot of fun, interactive games. It is a great place to hang out.
3. Pop jet fountains are fun – While the big kids rode Test Track, I took Molly Kate to play in the pop jet fountain near the entrance to Test Track. She had a great time and quite a few Guests enjoyed watching her laugh and run around. Make sure you pack some sandals or Crocs and a change of clothes so they can play in the fountains when the weather permits.
4. Refillable popcorn buckets – They still have the refillable popcorn buckets that are $10 and then $1.50 per refill. I didn’t see them on the few popcorn stands around the Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios so I was glad to see them here. They are a really great value for those on vacation.
5. Decor is coming down – Epcot has began to take down their Christmas decor as of January 4th. The entrance area in front of Spaceship Earth had plain purple flowers vs. the pretty topiaries they have for Christmas.
Hope these tips help you with your planning!
Catch up on our Everyday at Disney adventures!