The Disney Skyliner transportation system announced in 2017, will connect certain Disney Parks (Epcot & Hollywood Studios) and select Disney Resorts as new mode of transportation. Guests will be able to ride the sky in a gondola featuring your favorite Disney characters.
1. From the map see, guests will be able to connect from Epcot to Disney’s Riveria Resort, then to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. From there guests can transfer to Hollywood Studios or Disney’s Pop Century /Art of Animation Resort.
2. Pictures of characters will be on the Disney Skyliner system in such a way to appear the characters are riding with you. Characters to include: the Fab Five, Beloved Disney Movie Characters from movies & attractions.
3. The International Gateway at Epcot will be inspired by European Pavilions located adjacent. Guests can expect hand painted murals, architecture inspired by early 18th century Art Nouveau style and more.
4. The hub of the Skyline System will be located at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort (where 3 lines intersect). The theming will be inspired by already existing village marketplaces of the resort. The hub will act as a transfer station between gondola routes.
5. The hub (at Caribbean Beach Resort) will also feature a new restaurant.
6. The station at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be inspired by its nearby main entrance theming and bus stations, featuring fascinating new views of the Disney’s Hollywood Studios for those traveling in.
7. Guests using the station at Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will find theming fitting into the resorts and enjoy views of Hourglass Lake and see the 2 Resorts from a whole new view.
8. Guests who stop at the Buena Vista Drive location will get an exclusive look into the mechanical and aerial components of the system.
9. Each cabin can hold up to 8 Adults. The gondola will be able to accommodate wheelchairs & strollers.
10. Gondola Cabins will have wifi.
Al though a new transporation system to some, others will remember the Skyway to Fantasyland and Skyway to Tomorrowland. A park opening original attraction at Magic Kingdom, this gondola system ride shut down in 1999. Disneyland and Tokyo also had a Skyway.
A date on when Disney Skyliner will be available has not yet been announced.
photo credit: Sara A.