After weeks of no coupons, print or digital, and no app rebates to speak on, the savings fairies have smiled upon me. This trip I was able to take advantage of some great deals to make up for last week, when I (so very slightly) went over budget.
Now, here’s the thing about my budget. I hit it this week. Like, almost exactly. And that’s okay. Sometimes I get so focused on being under budget that I forget the whole purpose of buying food to is to buy food! If I go so under budget that we don’t have enough food, then we’re hitting up a restaurant or drive thru to tide us over, and that’s much more of a budget buster than the $1.20 I was over last week. This might mean I have less rollover for the Disney fund at the end of the month, but I need to remember that rollover is a perk, not mandatory.
- Bananas, 1.15lb-.52.
- Blueberries, 1 pint (2)-$5. Still down to $2.50 from $3.
- Chef’s Cut Jerky-$0. Free with the Free Friday Download *Digital Coupon*.
- Chicken Breast, 5.5 lb-$11.08.
- Eggs, 18 count-.99. Keep it up on those cheap eggs, Kroger!
- Glarner Alpkase Cheese-$2.59.
- Honey Bunches of Oats (3)-$4.27. Originally $2.99, these went down to $1.99 for the Buy 3, Save $3 sale. Then, I used a Coupons.com coupon for $1 off of two. I submitted two of my boxes to Ibotta for .35 each, for a total of .70 off. This made each box $1.42!
- Kroger 2% Milk-$1.29.
- Kroger Canned Tomatoes (2)-$1.06.
- Kroger Dry Pasta (2)-$1.60. $1 each, and .40 off with a *Digital Coupon*.
- Kroger Frozen Shrimp, 1lb (2)-$11.98. These were originally $6.99, but the *Digital Coupon* I had brought each down to $5.99.
- Kroger Smoked Sausage, 1lb (3)-$2.97. These were originally $1.99, but were $1 off with a *Digital Coupon*.
- Peaches, 1.89 lb-$1.87.
- Pork Chops, 4 lb-$8.04.
- Private Selection Homestyle BBQ Sauce-$0. Another Free Friday Download *Digital Coupon*.
- Roma Tomatoes, 1.10 lb-$1.09.
- Romaine Lettuce, 1.17 lb-$1.51.
- Strawberries, 1 lb (2)-$3. Down to $1.50 from $2.
- Vidal Onions, 3.11 lb-$3.08.
- Zataran Rice Mix (2)-$2.38.
- *Digital Coupon* submitted for 2x Gas Points.
Total Budget: $65
Total Spent: $65.02
Total Saved: $41.83
Deducted from Next Trip: $1.22.
Were the savings fairies kind to you this week? How is your grocery budget doing? Tell me about it in the comments!
Kristen B. is wife to the best Prince around, mama to the spunkiest little princesses, and lover of all things Disney. She started her savings journey three years ago and is now dedicated to making her family’s wishes come true one coupon at a time. She is so excited to take her love of saving to the next level and share her journey with you! Click here to catch up on Kristen’s Savings and join in on your own savings adventure!