Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster in Hollywood Studios is a dark coaster that launches you from 0 to 60 miles per hour in just 2.8 seconds on a high speed ride in a super-stretch limo while you jam to custom tracks from Aerosmith. You’ll fly through the famous Hollywood sign, around popular landmarks, and even zoom around 2 rollover loops at speeds up to 60 miles per hour. Each limo plays a different song, so ride multiple times for different ride experiences.
Length of Ride: 1:22
Height Requirement: 48 inches
Scare Factor: There are upside down loops, so make sure your kids aren’t scared of going upside down.
Rider Switch (for small kids): Yes
Weather Procedure: Indoors
Ride Photo: Yes
Flash Photography: HAHA only if you want your camera to end up on the floor of the attraction.
Queue: You get a glimpse into the sound booth at G-Force Records where you see Aerosmith finishing up a studio recording session.
Extra Magic Hours: Open for Morning and Evening Magic Hours.
When to Ride: Early in the morning or use Fastpass or Single Rider Line
Our Touring Strategy: My husband has ridden it a couple times with Fastpass.
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- This attraction has a single rider line, so be sure to check the wait times for that line too. If it is shorter than the main line, jump in. Your party might have to ride in separate limos, but a shorter wait time will be worth it!
- While in the queue, listen for the sounds from studios A&B. They are real recordings of Aerosmith.
- The safety sign in the form of the guitar in the parking structure is a tribute to Elvis.
- Hold your head back against the seat for take off to make the ride smoother.
- The posters in the queue will list names of Guests as they pass by. Pay attention to see if one of the names are from your party.
- If you just want to experience the queue or if you change your mind at the last minute, there is a chicken exit available. Just let the Cast Member know that you want to skip ridding this one after all.
- The ride launches from 0 to 60 MPH is only 2.8 seconds. Be prepared! It also includes two rollover loops, one corkscrew and three inversions.
- You actually place your bags at your feet on this ride. Due to how it is set up, your bags stay put even when you go upside down. I do recommend putting a foot through your bag’s strap just for extra assurance.
- Each limo plays a different Aerosmith Track. If you love this attraction, try to hear all of them. Each limo also has a different vanity plate: 2FAST4U, H8TRFFC, BUHBYE, UGOGIRL AND 1QKLIMO.
- When you are waiting to board the next limo, look on the other side of the platform. There you will find an alley with a small pay station. On the side of the pay station is a sticker with the phrase “Just Push Pay” which is a reference to Aerosmith’s song “Just Push Play.”