Test Track in Epcot has you design your own virtual concept vehicle and then take it for a test drive on an indoor and outdoor course. Each member of the 6 passenger vehicle can design their own car and compete against the other designs to see who’s the best.
Length of Ride: 4 minutes
Height Requirement: 40 inches
Scare Factor: Some parts are dark and the car reaches 65 mph on the outdoor course.
Rider Switch (for small kids): Yes
Weather Procedure: Closed in inclement weather
Ride Photo: Yes
Flash Photography: Yes
Queue: Design your own car
Extra Magic Hours: Open for morning and evening hours
When to Ride: First thing in the morning or with Fastpass
Our Touring Strategy: We head to this one as soon as the park opens and use our Fastpass+ selection at Soarin’.
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
1. Use the Single Rider Line. This attraction has a single rider line. It might be faster than using the regular line, but your party won’t get to ride together and you do not get to design a car. Sometimes they will allow you to pick a predesigned car. Either way, you will have a car assigned to your band so be sure to place your MagicBand on the reader before you get into the ride vehicle.
2. Design your car. When they usher you into the design room, they will assign up to 3 people to a machine. The doors do not open until the timer reaches 0, so don’t rush through the design concept. Take your time to explore all the features and design the most creative car you can. The design concept will be assigned to whomever scans their MagicBand on the card reader.
3. Tap your band. When you are the next party to load into the ride vehicle, be sure to tap your MagicBand or RFID card to the Mickey head at the loading gates to activate your car.
4. Everyone gets a car. If you weren’t able to design a car, you do automatically have one loaded on your MagicBand. Go ahead and tap yours to the reader to see what kind of car you were given.
5. Enjoy the speed. Test Track is the fastest attraction at Walt Disney World. I love the feeling when we go down the hill and burst through the doors to the outdoor track.
6. 25 cars on the track. Normal operating conditions have up to 25 cars on the track during the day. They can move about 1,200 guests through the attraction every hour.
7. Check your score! At the beginning of the exit you’ll find a huge screen with multiple RFID readers. Tap your band to see what your final score was and where you ranked on each test.
8. Use Rider Switch. If you have a child under the height limit, let the cast member know that you want to use Rider Switch. That way your other children will get to go twice and both parents will have a chance to ride.
9. Email your friends. Visit the Showroom Showoff! after the attraction to make a 15 second commercial and email it to yourself or friends.
After the ride, you can play with hands-on exhibits and even see new Chevrolet cars!
- What’s Your Score – Find out how well your car scored in the test
- Showroom Showoff! – Make a 15 second commercial and email it to yourself or friends.
- Give It A Spin! – Steer your vehicle through obstacle courses.
- Photo Finish – Pose for a picture with new Chevrolet cars.
Check out Living with the Land in Epcot.