“Couponing to Disney” is a term I came up with to describe what I do. I find unique and creative ways to save and earn money and I use it to pay for my yearly trip to Disney World. There is no physical ‘coupon’ to Disney. (I actually get asked that question a lot!)
You don’t HAVE to ‘Coupon to Disney’. You can follow my advice and use it to coupon to another vacation, to replace one of your current incomes (some people are able to stop working and stay at home with their kids!), or save for anything that you might want or need. It’s about learning how to pay for things you thought were out of your reach. As the great Walt Disney said, “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
How do I ‘Coupon to Disney?’
- I use the budget binder. I have our family on a budget which helps us to keep our finances on track so we not only reach our family’s financial goals, but we are able to use the extra money we find for our Disney vacations.
- I save at the grocery store. I set a weekly grocery budget and I try to come in under budget every week. If my budget is $100 a week for groceries, I would take $100 cash out of the bank and use coupons to save as much as I can at the store. Whatever is left out of the $100 at the end of the week goes into the fund.
- I use rebates. If I find a rebate to use, I buy the item(s) with that week’s grocery budget. When the rebate check comes in weeks later, it gets deposited directly into the fund.
- I save found money. ‘Found Money’ is a term I came up with to describe money you weren’t planning on receiving. This could be anything from a refund check from a doctor’s visit a year ago to a birthday check from Great Aunt Myrtle. If you weren’t planning on receiving it, it can go into the fund.
- And a lot more ways that I am constantly sharing on the blog.
Why do I Coupon to Disney?
- Walt Disney World is truly the most magical place on the earth to us. From the moment we go under the welcome arch, we are surrounded by nothing but magic. I am a kid at heart and I love to meet Mickey and all his friends and I love to go as often as I can. “Couponing to Disney” let’s me do just that.
- I find the challenge of saving for Disney World magical. Everytime I make a deposit, I think of how much fun that money will bring my family.
- Learn more about me and why I Coupon to Disney.
And it is my goal to teach you how to “Coupon to Disney” as well. I want you to be able to make memories with your kids as well! Disney truly is the most magical place on earth.