Whether you are heading to Disney World for the first time or the 10th time, here are 10 Things That Should Be On Your Disney World To-Do List! It is a mix of classic things to do and lesser known fun to have.
1. Ride Dumbo
Add Dumbo the Flying Elephant to your list of attractions at Magic Kingdom. There is something magical about flying on your own Dumbo above Fantasyland. This classic attraction is so loved, there are 2 Dumbo attractions at Magic Kingdom. This ride is great for all ages! Plus, if there is a wait kids will love the queue with an indoor playground and parents will love the air conditioning while you wait.
2. Ride The Mountains
For thrill seekers, set out to ride all the mountains in Magic Kingdom. These include Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and most recently – Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Learn more about minimum height requirements AND a 5th mountain to conquer at Magic Kingdom by reading: 5 Mountains to Conquer at Magic Kingdom.
3. Shop At The World Of Disney
There are plenty of shopping opportunities while at Disney World. Some of the best are found at Disney Springs. Disney Springs is a destination for shopping as well as dining and entertainment. Be sure to add visiting the largest retail shop on Disney World property to your list and shop World of Disney at Disney Springs.
4. Meet & Greet With Mickey Mouse & More
Meeting and greeting with Disney characters is always a highlight of my trip. It is especially magical when a child meets their favorite character! However, not all meet & greets are equal. For fun interactions consider one of these 10 Best Meet & Greet experiences at Disney World!
5. Snack Around The World Showcase
Epcot’s World Showcase is made up of different countries, each with its own food options. A fun adventure for your trip is to Eat Around the World. Meaning, try a snack from every country represented at the World Showcase. Read a list of snack ideas to Snack Around the World for around $50 and other Tasty options from each country. For those 21+, consider drinking around the World Showcase.
6. Play A Secret Card Game At Magic Kingdom
A fun interactive, and less known thing to do is the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. Register at fire house on Main Street. Then use your spell cards to defeat Villains at various locations throughout the park, plus the spell cards are yours to keep.
7. Relax & Watch a Stage Show
Disney World is truly a vacation for all ages, and much more than just rides. Consider stopping to watch a stage show or 2, perfect for guests of all ages and a nice way to relax and recharge. My favorites include: Beauty and the Beast live on Stage at Hollywood Studios, plus Finding Nemo – The Musical and Festival of the Lion King at Animal Kingdom.
8. Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride
Did you know Disney World offers Horse-Drawn Carriage rides?! Take your family on a Horse Drawn Carriage Rides at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside or Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Each carriage fits up to 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children. The cost is $45 for 25 minutes.
9. Pre-Order Your Dole Whip
Dole Whip is a classic snack, be sure to add this to your list of must-dos. Even better, use Mobile Ordering to pre-order your Dole Whip and skip the line at the eatery! Here is a location of where to find Dole Whips at Disney World.
10. Stay For Nighttime Entertainment
- Magic Kingdom: Catch Happily Ever After, an 18- minute nighttime spectacular. Once Upon A Time, a 14-minute show and the Goodnight Kiss,a touching 3-minute presentation.
- Epcot: See Epcot Forever, a limited time nighttime fireworks show until 2020 when a new permanent nighttime show takes its place.
- Hollywood Studios: Star Wars fans see the 14-minute nighttime show: Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. See Disney Movie Magic a 10-minute show and Fantasmic! a 30-minute show.
- Animal Kingdom: See Rivers of Light a 15-minute show that takes place on the water. See the Tree of Life in a different light with Tree of Life Awakenings