If you have an animal lover in your group, what better stay than at Animal Kingdom Lodge? Guests will be transported to the heart of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. This deluxe resort features savannas with over 200 animals and birds. Another fun fact is this resort has one of the largest African art collections in the U.S.A. throughout the Resort, explore at your own pace, look at art and read plague cards.
In your resort room find a Wildlife Field Guide to identify the animals you could see, these include African wildlife such as flamingos, gazelles, giraffes, zebras and more.
Animal Kingdom Lodge has 2 buildings, Jambo House and Kidani Village. The latter is home to Disney Vacation Club Villas exclusively. Therefore this post is mainly about the room views at Jambo House.
Animals In each Savanna around Jambo House:
- Sunset Savanna: Bongo, Blue Cranes, Impala, Thompsons Gazelles, Giraffe, Ostrich, Stork, African crown cranes and Waterbuck.
- Arusha Savanna: Ankole Cattle, Geese, Pelicans, Giraffe, Eland, Gemsbok, Zebra and Wildebeest.
- Uzima Savanna: Impala, Kudu, Bongo, Thompsons Gazelle, Blesbok and Giraffe.
When booking guests will have to choose between a Standard view, Pool view or a Savanna View. If seeing giraffes and more outside your balcony when you wake up is a priority, than spring for a Savanna view room. Unfortunately, there is not a choice of Savanna. However, guests can always send in a request (do note: requests are not always honored but it doesn’t hurt to ask). One good thing to know, all Jambo Resort rooms have a balcony!
Requests To Consider:
- For best animal views, ask for a Kudu Trail or Zebra Trail room.
- Rooms on the 3rd or 4th floor are high enough up for better views of animals as well.
- Hope to see a Zebra? Arusha Savanna is the only one with Zebras.
For convenience, Zebra Trail with Arusha Savanna view is popular due to its pool proximity and near the Mara.
Have you ever stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge? What was your room experience?