Life is no fun with all work and no play. Today, we are discussing 10 ideas to save on family entertainment! Spending time together does not have to cost a fortune. Save money while still creating family memories!
1. National Parks – National Parks do Free Entrance Days a few times a year and we have 2 left for 2022 (September 24th and November 11th). Plus, if you have a 4th grader request your Annual 4th grade pass which gets them and YOU into the parks for free for an entire year.
2. Chuck E Cheese – Motivate your kids to achieve a goal with Rewards Calendars and Behavior Rewards Charts. Turn in their completed chart and earn 10 free tokens!
3. Local Library – Your local library is a great resource for free or cheap entertainment. Besides books, movies and cd’s, many have discount museum passes available.
4. Groupon – Sign up for Groupon emails to hear about new offers for entertainment discounts. Recently, I have even seen local concert tickets for a discount!
5. Build-A-Bear – With their Count Your Candles program, children can purchase a special birthday bear during their birthday month for the age they are turning. For example, if you child is turning 5, you will pay just $5 for the bear ($14 Value).
6. Nature Scavenger Hunt – Get outside and explore with your child with a nature scavenger hunt. Search for a free printable or create your own list of items to find!
7. Playground – Your local park or playground is a great resource to burn some energy and play. Explore a new area and visit a playground you have never been to before to spark new interest.
8. Yard Sales – Visit yard sales in your area to save big on new-to-you toys, board games, video games and more. Not only does it give these items a second life, reduce out of pocket spending by buying used.
9. Ditch Cable – Have you seen the cost of cable lately? Ditch cable by utilizing streaming services, movies from your local library and getting an antenna.
10. Discounted Movie Gift Cards – If your family loves going to the movies you know how quickly tickets and popcorn can add up. Curb spending by searching for discounted gift cards through ibotta, MyGiftCardsPlus (Swagbucks) and Raise.
Learn more Money Savings Tips! We are here to help you Save to Survive in 2022 with creative ways to trim your budget, save on groceries, afford Christmas gifts and more. Join the SavEars community of friends.
Want to chat about a Disney vacation? Travel Agents (at no cost to you) are ready to help in the SavEars group.