We have officially completed our first month of going to Disney everyday in 2017! I was at Disney 29 of those 31 months (my husband was kind enough to give me this past weekend off and take the kids both days). If you remember the rules, 1 of the 5 of us have to go to Disney everyday for at least 1 hour. I am thrilled that we did it!
Here are 10 things I’ve accomplished during our first month at Disney World.
10. 17 Days of School – I homeschool our 3 children and we were able to complete 17 days of school during the month. The kids watch one of their lessons on the way to and from Disney and complete the rest at home. I spent approximately 1 hour of my day actively teaching them.
9. Kept my house clean – I can’t say that I did this alone. My husband is an awesome helper and does the majority of the deep cleaning. I did keep the house organized cleaned throughout the month. You won’t believe how productive you can be when you are organized!
8. Followed my schedule about 60% of the time – I have a very detailed time blocked schedule. I did well following it about 60% of the time. Some days I had to throw the schedule out the window due to life events or work commitments. I ended the month with NOTHING on my to do list. That’s a pretty awesome accomplishment.
7. Figured out how to do 7 loads of laundry a week – I don’t know how we can end up with so many loads of laundry but we do, every week! I figured out how to balance work, Disney and homeschooling while doing the laundry. My secret? Audible! Get a great book and listen to it while you do the laundry.
6. Met some awesome readers – I ran into some awesome readers throughout the month at Disney. It is always fun to be walking along and someone call my name. We don’t have many friends where in Florida so meeting you all is a highlight.
5. Stayed on budget – We usually don’t snack at Disney. We pack snacks or even a picnic and bring it with us. We do budget for a couple meals and a few snacks. We did great and stayed on budget for the whole month.
4. Beat my husband at Toy Story Mania – My goal has been to beat his high score. I’ve practiced every time I’ve gone to Hollywood Studios. I finally scored 217,000 points and beat his high score! Of course he says that it doesn’t count unless he is there with me. Go figure. ;)
3. Appreciated the small things – One great thing about going to Disney everyday is that you can slow down and appreciate all the small details that make Disney so magical. We were able to play with the toys from Toy Story Mania without worrying about rushing to the next attraction. When one of the real life Green Army Men joined in the fun, we were able to just hang out and enjoy it. We sat and watched other people on their magical vacations and watched joy in their faces as they experienced it for the first time.
2. Didn’t lose my cool on I-4 – Driving on the interstate is not so fun. I have done great remembering to use the Waze app to check traffic and not freak out when I am crawling at a snail’s pace. Overall we have had great luck with traffic so far. I am approximately 30 minutes from Animal Kingdom.
1. Lost 14 pounds – And the thing that I am most excited about is the fact that I have lost 14 pounds! Getting in 10,000 steps isn’t challenging when you spend everyday walking at Disney! I am going to make this year the year that I lose my weight once and for all.
Goals for February:
1. Schedule our days better – I started off doing a great job of writing out a few pictures that I needed to take and some things we needed to look for. That didn’t last long! My goal is to be better about taking more pictures and learning more for the blog.
2. Figure out how to do better at vlogging, picture taking, Instagram, posting live on the blog and all that fun stuff – I still haven’t gotten that all worked out yet.
3. Ride Ellen’s Universe of Energy – I’ve never actually done this one. I am going to make it a priority this month.
4. Increase my high score on Toy Story Mania – I want to hit the 499,000 that I always see on the screen. We’ll see!
5. Continue to inspire readers – The whole reason why we are going to Disney everyday is to help inspire my readers to continue saving money so they can come to Disney and create memories with their loved ones. I hope that you feel encouraged when you read about our adventures.
We are going to Disney everyday in 2017! Follow along with our Everyday at Disney adventures!