Here are 14 Things To Do In The Magic Kingdom in the afternoon when it is busy:
1. Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire– Grab a spot to watch this show about 20 minutes before it starts. Get an ice cream treat from Plaza Ice Cream Parlor (allow an additional 20 minutes to do this) and then enjoy it while you wait on the show to begin.
2. Carousel of Progress – This attraction rarely experiences long lines. Head this way when everything else is crowded and you’d like some time in the air conditioner.
3. Casey Jr. Splash and Soak Station – Grab a seat on the wall and enjoy watching your kids splash and dance in the soak station. It’s a great way for them to burn off some energy.
4. Country Bear Jamboree – Another classic attraction that doesn’t experience long wait times. You’ll usually only have to wait the length of the current show.
5. Dumbo the Flying Elephant – Now that it has the indoor area where kids can play instead of waiting in line, this is a great attraction to head to when the lines start to get long elsewhere. You can sit in the air conditioning and even charge your phone while the kids play. You’ll get a pager to let you know when it’s your turn. If your kids want to keep playing, just let the Cast Member know. You’ll be able to enter the line anytime after your pager goes off, even if they play for another 20 minutes.
6. Enchanted Tiki Room – The wait time for this attraction is usually the length of the previous show. Be sure to get a Dole Whip before you get in line.
7. Hall of Presidents – Another great attraction with a short wait time. Plus it’s in the air conditioning and it’s educational.
8. Liberty Square Riverboat – This is a great way to burn 20-30 minutes of your day. My kids always enjoy the riverboat and waving at those on Tom Sawyer Island and the mainland.
9. Mickey’s PhilharMagic – The queue for this film is never very long. You might end up waiting the length of the last show. Plus you’ll be in the air conditioning.
10. Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – There are almost 100 horses on this carrousel which means that everyone in line usually gets a horse.
11. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse – This walking tour rarely sees a line longer than it takes people to walk through it.
12. Tom Sawyer Island – Grab a snack and then head over to the raft to explore. There is a cave, fort and even some relaxing rocking chairs by the waterfront.
13. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – This is our favorite place to head when lines become unbearable throughout the parks. We can sit back and enjoy the breeze as we zip above Tomorrowland and the crowds.
14. Shopping – Save all your souvenir shopping for the afternoon when it’s hot and crowded in the parks.
If it’s raining, these attractions will be closed.