One way to cut on costs is to make meatless meals.
Pinto Beans are one option to make your meatless meals. If you really want the meaty flavor, you can add in 1/2 lb of sausage although that makes it no longer fall under the meatless category, but it is a good way to help out the meat lover’s budget.
Here are suggestions from the SavEars on meals they make. If any look good, a quick Google search will bring up a recipe.
- Potato Soup
- Rice (or Fidello) with beans
- Avocado and refriend bean tostadas
- Potato and Egg tacos
- Mushroom and Cheese quesadillas
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche
- Soup and Grilled Cheese
- Macaroni and Cheese as a main dish (try elbow noodles, stewed tomatoes and cheese)
- Pasta with mushrooms
- French Toast Casserole
- Tortellini Soup
- One pan Mexican Quinoa
- Stuffed shells with spinach and cheese
- Cheese enchiladas
- French Toast
- Lentil Sloppy Joes
- Black Beans and Sweet Potato Enchiladas
Thanks to everyone who contributed!