Are you spending a day at Animal Kingdom soon? There is more than enough to fill a day of fun, from attractions, entertainment, shopping and more. Here are 30 Things To Do Open To Close At Animal Kingdom!
1. Make it to Animal Kingdom for Rope Drop. Check the time of park opening on your day of visit and plan for an hour travel time to get there. Then, enjoy the early hours before the afternoon crowds start.
2. Thrill seekers, get in line for Avatar Flight of Passage first. If you are unable to snag a Fastpass for this sought after attraction in Pandora – World of Avatar, head to it after rope drop. For thrill seekers, this attraction is a not to miss experience.
3. Take a relaxing ride on Na’Vi River Journey. Also in Pandora is this boat ride-through. Rest your feet and take in some air conditioning on a ride through Pandora’s bioluminescent rain forest. A Fastpass is not necessary for this attraction and lines early in the morning are typically short waits.
4. Stop to Play The Drums in Pandora. As long as a performance is not going on, The Drum ceremony, guests are invited to give the drums a try themselves!
5. Adopt a Banshee at Windtraders. Guests can stop in Windtraders, or exit through this shop at the end of Avatar – Flight of Passage. At this retail store, guests have a unique chance to adopt a Banshee and shop other Pandora merchandise.
6. Try a food bowl from Satu’li Canteen. Part of the Pandora story is this eatery, a former RDA mess hall. Here guests will find delicious food bowl options such as the Chopped Wood-Grilled Chicken Bowl or Chili-Spiced Crispy Fried Tofu Bowl.
7. Enjoy the Night Blossom from Pongu Pongu. The Night Blossom is a non-alcoholic specialty drink with layers of apple & desert pear limeade, topped with Passion Fruit Boba balls.
8. Take a self-guided tour through Discovery Island Trails. Guests will walk through cave-like tunnels and over food bridges to discover wildlife.
9. Take photos in front of the Tree of Life. Find the Tree of Life, the parks icon, on Discovery Island. There are various places to grab photos with the Tree of Life in the background.
10. See UP! A Great Bird Adventure for Characters and live animals. During this educational show guests will have fun while learning facts and seeing various birds from around the world.
11. Pick up a caffeinated drink at Creature Comforts. This is the Starbucks location for Animal Kingdom, find Creature Comforts at Discovery Island. Pick up a coffee, latte and more. Also, serving refreshing smoothies and treats.
12. Learn why It’s Tough To Be A Bug. This attraction is found inside the Tree of Life, it is a classic attraction that gives guests a new appreciation on what its like to be a bug!
13. Visit the largest retail shop in Animal Kingdom – Island Mercantile. Guests will find the biggest store in Animal Kingdom on Discovery Island. This shop contains everything you need for an adventurous day. Find apparel, pins, plush, essentials such as sunscreen and much more.
14. Eat Macaroni and Cheese from Eight Spoon Café. Stop by this counter service eatery and dress up your macaroni and cheese with a Pulled BBQ topping or Shrimp & Sweet Chili sauce.
15. Meet Pocahontas On Discovery Island. Pocahontas loves and respects nature and her meet & greet setting is nature-inspired. She loves to share her knowledge with guests.
16. Let the kids dig & play at The Boneyard. The Boneyard is a large play structure found in Dinoland USA. Kids will love the slides and digging at the dig site.
17. Win a prize at Fossil Fun Games. Guests will find Fossil fun games, 6 carnival style games in Dinoland USA. Purchase a voucher from the games area stand and try at your chance to win.
18. Take a break and watch Finding Nemo – The Musical. This live, on stage musical is 40 minutes in length, take time to relax and enjoy the show.
19. Have a good scare on Dinosaur. This attraction has a PhotoPass opportunity, right before the photo guests encounter a dinosaur, making for hilarious reactions.
20. See Dino-Sue, a famous T-Rex replica. Dino-Sue is a reproduction of a famous T-Rex uncovered in South Dakota named Sue.
21. Stop for ice-cream at Dino-Bite Snacks. Guests can cool down with ice cream at this quick service. Try the Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich, Old Fashioned hot fudge Sundae, Floats and more.
22. Dine with Safari Donald and friends at Tusker House Restaurant. Animal Kingdom has one Character dining experience for guests at Tusker House restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
23. Relive Disney’s The Lion King with Festival of the Lion King. Guests will enjoy Festival of the Lion King, a high-energy Broadway style show. Watch The Lion King retold through performance, puppets, Characters and songs.
24. Shop Kilimanjaro merchandise at the Kilimanjaro Safaris Cart. Shop this cart prior to riding the Kilimanjaro safaris and consider purchasing a pair of Disney binoculars for your child. They will love using them to search for animals on the attraction.
25. See animals on the Kilimanjaro Safaris. One of the best parts of Animal Kingdom is Kilimanjaro Safaris, where guests ride through an African savannah. Covering 110 acres, guests will be able to see up to 34 different species of animals including giraffes, elephants and more.
26. Try the Elephant Ear Pastry from Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery. Wander over to the Africa section to find the Elephant Ear Pastry, a guest favorite snack at Disney World.
27. Get wet on Kali River Rapids. Find this thrilling water ride in Asia. Guests will travel through a replica Asia jungle, on this water raft ride. You will get wet!
28. Encounter the yeti on Expedition Everest. On this thrilling roller coaster, guests will climb a Himalayan mountain and encounter a mythical creature before their descend back.
29. Enjoy a Dole Whip from Tamu Tamu Refreshments. The Dole Whip is a classic Disney treat and guests will get their Dole Whip fix in Africa at Animal Kingdom.
30. End your day at Animal Kingdom with the Rivers of Light. This nighttime entertainment at the park is a celebration of nature displayed on Discovery River.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.