Disney World has made vacationing easier than ever when they introduced the My Disney Experience app. This free download is your map (literally) and guide to your Disney vacation. Now learn, these 5 things you should do with the My Disney Experience app.
1. Check-In to your Disney Resort
Guests can complete their app check-in by unlocking their room. This can eliminate the need to go to the front desk. The Check-in process can be started up to 60 days before arrival date. Watch a Video on How to Use Online Check In. Save time and head right to your Resort room when you arrive. Gone are the days of waiting in a Check-In line.
2. Place A Mobile Order
Mobile ordering has never been easier with 2 newest additions of arrival windows and expanded payment methods. Skip the line and order your meal ahead of time through the app. Plus, browse menus ahead of time including allergy friendly menus.
- Arrival Windows are now added for mobile ordering. Guests are given the option to choose their time, with a 30-minute arrive window.
- New payment methods have been added. Guests now have the option to pay by: Apple Pay, Disney Gift Card or Disney Rewards Redemption card from My Disney Experience. This will make cashless payments easier.
3. Check Wait Times
The app also allows guests to check wait times for attractions at all 4 Disney World parks. This is a handy map to have, and can save time by not walking towards an area of the park with high wait times. I must admit too, sometimes I check wait times from home (thousands of miles away) just for fun!
4. Check Bus Wait Times
Guests who utilize Disney’s complimentary bus system will be happy to know that checking bus wait times is one of the things you can do on the My Disney Experience app. Real time updates for bus times to Disney Parks, Disney Springs and more can be found under “Bus Times” under your active Disney Resort reservation.
5. Open Your Resort Door
Guests of a Disney Resort can use the My Disney Experience app to unlock their room door and common areas! This is a fun feature and no worries on lost MagicBand or cards to get back into your room.
- Open My Disney Experience app and accept permission to use Bluetooth.
- Make sure your Disney Resort hotel reservation is linked & Bluetooth is on.
- View your Disney Resort Reservation.
- Select “Unlock Door”
- Agree to use your device to unlock your door.
- Hold your mobile device against the door lock.
Additionally, the My Disney Experience app can do so much more such as view PhotoPass photos, manage tickets, reservations and daily itineraries. Guests can also update their friends and family list and view or update your profile. Plus, the app can even give you walking directions to your Disney Resort room! Also use the app to locate guests services, restrooms and more at the parks. Guests can even purchase a Platnium or Platinum Plus pass directly from the My Disney Experience app.