Disney’s Boardwalk is a hidden gem of Disney World. Smaller than Disney Springs, however just as much charm. Below are 5 reasons to love Disney’s Boardwalk.
1. Surrey Bike Rental
Surrey Bike Rentals are a unique way to experience Disney’s Boardwalk. Choose a 2 or 4-person Surrey Bike and ride alongside the Sassagoula River and more. Cost is $25 per rental.
There are various dining options at the Boardwalk from counter service, to sit-down and lounge. Below are 3 highlighted eateries to learn more about.
- Pizza Window – Selling Pizza by the slice or a whole pizza (counter service).
- The To-Go Cart – For American fast foods such as Hot Dog, Cheeseburgers, Pulled Pork and more (counter service).
- Trattoria Al Forno – If you are in the mood for pasta dishes or other Italian foods, Trattoria al Forno at Disney’s Boardwalk offers just that. Plus, enjoy the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno – a character breakfast.
Consider these 2 locations on Disney’s Boardwalk for a sweet tooth.
- BoardWalk Bakery – Selling pastries and specialty cupcakes. As well as breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Funnel Cake Cart – serves up fresh and delicious funnel cakes. You can order it with powdered sugar, chocolate syrup or with ice cream. It is usually only open in the evenings.
Not only is the Boardwalk beautiful to walk along, it has fun entertainment options too.
- Arcade – Inside Disney’s Boardwalk Inn find Slide Show Games, an arcade.
- Street Performers – often there will be street performers such as a Magician.
- Carnival Games – Play Midway Carnival type games and win prizes, for a fee.
- Atlantic Dance Hall – for those 21+ to dance to best of the 80s, 90s and today.
There are some great shops along Disney’s Boardwalk. Learn more about some stores offered below.
- Wyland Galleries – It’s like stepping into an Art museum. Browse or Buy Original Disney Fine art. Step inside to see beautiful depictions from Wyland, a world famous marine life artist, and his associates. This location also holds special meet & greets with the artist.
- Character Carnival – Find on the Boardwalk near Disney’s Boardwalk Inn Resort. This fun store sells plush, character apparel for kids and more. Also shop for a toys or a present to take home.
- Screen Door General Store – Selling Disney Merchandise and souvenirs. Perhaps buy a postcard to mail to some one back home. Other housewares items and jewelry also sold here. Great to stop by and grab a bottled drink as well.