Apps make life so much easier! With the way things are currently every company including theme parks are racing to update there apps with all the latest and greatest bells and whistles. Universal is no exception a few days before the reopening of the parks they rolled out a massive update to the app. If you are planning on visiting the parks you need the app more now than ever. I suggest downloading the app a few weeks before you actually visit. That way you will have time to familiarize yourself with how it works. Below is my top 5 reason’s why this app deserves to take up space on your phone.
- Virtual Map – This feature is a HUGE time saver. Not to mention it is super helpful if you are new to the parks. The interactive map allows you to choose which park you are visiting, rides can be narrowed down by type, you can sort by dining, restroom, characters, or water options. It also has virtual overhead replicas of the rides, buildings, and landmark features. For new visitors this can help you figure out where you are and the best way to get to where you want to go.
- Real time wait times for rides are posted – You can access that info by clicking a little icon by each ride on the virtual map. This is extremely helpful when planning out which ride to ride next. OR if you are with a child or adult that doesn’t do lines.
- Virtual line experience feature – you can reserve a time slot to ride some the most popular rides including Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventures. Instead of spending hours in line. You can reserve your spot to ride with a few quick clicks in the app. This feature will only work if you are in the parks or Citywalk.
- Order food and drinks – directly thru the app, and pay with your linked debit or credit card. After you arrive at the dining location. Go to the mobile order window to pickup your meal. This is a huge time saver. Instead of wasting time ordering food and drinks. You can order while in route. Often times as soon as you arrive your meal will be ready for pickup.
- One stop shop for all things Universal – the app has all of the above plus an option to orders tickets, buy extras, chat with customer service, park hours, hotel info, and basically anything you would need to know while at Universal. Its a super handy cheat book all rolled into one pretty little app to make our life easier!
Do you have questions about visiting Universal Orlando? OR looking for help planning your next vacation. My friends over at Destinations In Florida would love to answer any questions you have!