There are 5 things you need to know about tipping on a Disney Cruise:
1. Tips are pre-determined at $12 per person per day. This doesn’t matter the age of the person in the room.
2. The $12 per day is divided among 4 people that assist you. The Stateroom Host gets $4, the Server gets $4, the Assistant Server gets $3 and the Head Server gets $1.
3. You can change the tip amount. You will need to visit Guest Services before the last morning of your cruise.
4. You will receive envelopes and inserts that list the amount of your tip (it is charged to your stateroom or you can pre-pay before your cruise) to place your tip in on the last night of your cruise. These items will be placed in your stateroom in the evening hours. You are encouraged to personalize the envelopes with your family name and distribute them in the morning.
5. I highly, highly, highly encourage you to to tip the pre-determined amount or even increase it. Your servers and stateroom host have left their families to work on the Disney Cruise Line for up to 6 months at a time without a day off. They sacrifice time away from their families and their children to take care of you while you create memories with yours. Take a moment to speak to them on a personal level and learn about life in their country. It is such a small thing that you can do that tremendously blesses another human being.
Learn more about how inclusive a Disney Cruise is.