The Imagineers love to hide little things in the details. Here are 5 things people don’t notice in Future World:
- The lights in the sidewalks – When darkness settles over Future World, the sidewalks in front of Innoventions West begin to light up with a fiber optic display. Unless you are looking down as you walk, you are likely to miss this magical feature.
- ‘N Sync Members on Leave a Legacy – The 5 ‘N Sync members can be found on Legacy Tiles at Epcot. Just stop by the Leave a Legacy Locator Station inside the Camera Center under Spaceship Earth for the exact location.
- Talking trashcan in Electric Umbrella – Located underneath one of the welcome menus to Electric Umbrella is a talking trashcan. When you put in your trash, he will say up to 5 different phrases. The kids love throwing things away here.
- The backwards waterfall – Located near the Imagination Pavilion is a water fall that flows up instead of down. Unless you look at it really hard, you might just miss this magical touch.
- The left brain/right brain – When Epcot opened in 1982, Future World was designed to represent the brain. The west side of Future World represented the artistic right side of the brain with rolling hills, beautiful landscaping and water displays. The attractions are themed around areas of interest and thought that use the right side of the brain. The east side of Future World represented the more logical left side of the brain with straight and flat walkways and triangular landscaping and attractions that are more thought provoking. Some of this has been updated over the years, but it is still evident to those that are aware of this little known fact.
What have you noticed?
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.