Have a larger family (5+) but want to stay on Disney property at a reasonable rate? One way to accomplish this is renting an RV for Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground. There are companies locally that will deliver RV’s, meaning it is waiting for you upon your arrival, no driving needed. If you don’t mind the camping vibe, this is a good way to save with a larger family and get the benefits of staying on property.
Price Comparisons (2017)
$869.65 Full Hook Up Campsite Rental (July 21-28) + Average RV Rental price $1200.00 = $2069.65
Compared to a Garden View room at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside (Sleeps up to 5) same week = $1905.75
Compared to the Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness (Sleeps up to 6) same week = $2824.91
Compared to The Lion King Family Suites at Disney’s Art of Animation (Sleeps up to 6) same week = $3295.15
Is Renting an RV worth it?
As you can see by the prices – for a family of 5 they may get a better deal at a moderate resort depending on the time of year, this is still an option to consider. However, you can really see the savings for a family of 6! Plus if your family really enjoys camping, nothing is better than camping at Disney.
Keep in mind the prices above do not include park tickets. They are room rates only.
Tips to Know about Renting an RV:
- Do a simple google search for reputable RV delivery rentals, there are several in the area
- Find out if an RV is available during your travel dates
- Confirm your RV will fit on a standard site (Premium sites handle larger RV’s and cost more)
- Book a Full Hook Up Campsite Rental for Disney’s Fort Wilderness
- Important to know before check in – Campsite # (For delivery purposes)
- Pack as you normally would for a Disney vacation as utensils, linens and basics are usually provided.
- Consider having groceries delivered from Garden Grocer.
Benefits of Staying on Disney Property
There are many Benefits to Staying on Disney property. Consider why you should stay on site:
- No fee for parking on site (if you bring a car)
- Complimentary Disney Transportation your entire stay
- Free Magical Express use for those flying
- Benefits of access to use of Extra Magic Hours
- Opportunity to add Disney Dining Plan
- Free Magic Band
- Always within Disney Magic
- Early Fastpass+ booking
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Amenities
Disney’s Fort Wilderness has a large list of amenities. Which would be at your fingertips when renting an RV.
- Fort Wilderness Archery Experience
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides
- Pony Rides
- Wagon Rides
- Chip ‘N’ Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long
- Basketball Courts
- Jogging Trails
- Kayak Rentals
- Bike Rentals
- Canoe Rentals
- Motorized Boat Rentals
- Tri Circle-D Ranch
- Movie under the Stars
- Daniel Boone’s Wilderness Arcade
- Davy Crockett’s Wilderness Arcade
- Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
- Electrical Water Pageant views
Food Options at Disney’s Fort Wilderness
In addition to the amenities, Food options at Disney’s Fort Wilderness would be easily accessible.
- Trails end Restaurant (Casual)
- P & J’s Southern Takeout (Quick Service)
- Meadow Snack Bar (Quick Service)
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue (Dinner Show)
- Mickey’s Backyard BBQ (Dinner Show)
- Crockett’s Tavern (Lounge)