There are many reasons a vacation can go wrong and Disney World is no exception. Below are 7 Tales of Times a Disney Vacation went wrong and how to avoid them from happening to you. Commons themes come up when a guest complains about their Disney World vacation, such as, the 7 reasons below.
1. Crowded Parks – One reason for guests saying they had a terrible at time at Disney can do with the time of year. Ask when they went, was it near a holiday, school vacation or other typical busy time? This can result in crowded parks, and overall non-quality experience due to more people (longer lines, crowded views etc.). Avoid the 8 Worst Times To Visit Disney World and have a better experience with less crowds.
2. Another reason, not planning. Not planning for Fastpass+ reservations in advance or dining reservations leaves guests with no plan. Going with some sort of plan (at least your 3 Fastplass+ for the day) will ensure some favorite rides/new experiences with little to no wait. After all, you are paying for your time to be there, make the most of it by planning your Park Days. Learn the Best ways to use your Fastpass+ Selections.
3. Another misfortune at Disney World is stolen items. Even at Disney, theft can happen – from small electronics to even a stroller. Carry just what you need and make a note of how many bags etc. Have items shipped back to your resort after bought from the parks so they are not traveling with you. Beyond just keeping track of your own items, be aware of your surroundings and keep a watchful eye for others as well.
4. This next one can ruin even the best planned out day, or turn into an unplanned unique adventure. When an attraction or ride stops – you are stuck. Sometimes it will resume quickly, other times guests will be walked/escorted off after waiting. Read first hand guests experiences and the Top 20 Rides That Stop At Disney World. Always be flexible in your plans.
5. Scooters and Strollers – getting hit in the ankles while walking is no fun. I’ve done it to my family and my husband has done it to me. However, when it happens on vacation, stranger to stranger people have bad experiences. Be mindful of your space and people around you to keep everyone’s experience magical and accommodating.
6. Fill in all available space – Another reason to be mindful at Disney World is their rule to, fill in all available space. On certain attractions, even if you have been waiting, others may come up next to you. Also when eating at Quick Service restaurants, watch lines on both sides of the registers. Often one side accumulates a line over the other side. This golden rule applies upon entering the parks as well, often lines to the left are shorter. Not knowing this tip can result in unnecessary waiting and looks from other guests that do not know this tip.
7. Getting Sick at Disney or Getting hurt at Disney was another reason guests have had a bad experience. I fully agree with this one, getting sick on vacation would not be fun. Drink plenty of water, take breaks and pack a small first aid kit with basic medicines just in case.
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.