This weeks money savings tip are things I STOPPED buying. Learn these 7 things I stopped buying to save money now. Did you give up anything creative to save money?
1. Small Portions – Save big by buying things you use often in bulk or larger packages. Then, split into portion sizes yourself. I gave an example of this with Ground Beef and splitting into my own 1lb packages.
2. Individual Packaging – For kids snacks, you can save big by making your own snack packs.
3. Magazines – Magazine subscriptions are fun, however not something I spend money on. Luckily, I found 3 ways to score FREE Magazine subscriptions so I do not have to go without.
4. Shipping – Like many I have been doing more online shopping than ever. However one thing I refuse to pay for is shipping charges! Many retailers offer a low minimum. Others you can simply sign up for a free account and score free shipping. Plus, try this secret online shopping hack is none of those have worked.
5. Expensive Cleaners – I ditched many pricey household cleaners and saved big by switching to Dawn. The Original Blue Dawn is great as a window cleaner and less expensive than Windex. I also use it to give our dogs a bath, saving on overpriced dog shampoo! Learn more helpful uses for Dawn.
6. Books – I love new books, however it does make financial sense to instead utilize the FREE library. I have gotten better about this one to save money.
7. Napkins – We only buy napkins for special occasions (1-2 times a year). Instead we only buy paper towels. For cleaning, we use microfiber towels to cut down on paper product use and save money.
Also Read: Money Saving Tip: DIY Décor & Furniture