Now that the holidays are over, holiday clearance is in full swing. Today, we have tips for shopping holiday food clearance! Have you found any good deals lately?
1. Look for food and beverage clearance at your local grocery store. Many will run to Target or Walmart, however, do not overlook your local grocery store for holiday food clearance. Seasonal flavors such as pumpkin and peppermint are now likely 50% off or more. Stock up on items you will use.
2. Check the expiration date. When shopping food and beverage clearance, double check the expiration date and only buy how many you can used before then.
3. Look for rebates or coupon matchups to save even more. I had a $2/1 Dannon Light & Fit 4-pack peelie coupon in my stash that I put to good use. Select flavors were 50% off $4.99, after the $2 coupon I paid just $0.50 for a 4 pack of yogurts.
4. Consider your storage space. Does it need to be refrigerated? Can it be frozen? Is it a shelf-staple? Depending on the answers to these questions and the dedicated space you have, will determine how much to purchase when you see a stock-up price.
5. Know your stock up prices. An advantage of knowing your store is you get to know low prices on items you buy frequently. When you see something at its lowest price, it’s time to stock up.
6. Only purchase items you will use. Do not buy just because something is on clearance. Use clearance as a source to purchase items you already need.
7. Ask an employee when they do markdowns. Knowing your stores markdown schedule means best selection on clearance for future markdowns.
Learn more Money Savings Tips! We are here to help you Save to Survive in 2022 with creative ways to trim your budget, save on groceries, afford Christmas gifts and more. Join the SavEars community of friends.
Want to chat about a Disney vacation? Travel Agents (at no cost to you) are ready to help in the SavEars group.