Disney’s classic animated film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was released in 1937. Guests can relive the classic film, that helped push forward Walt Disney’s career, on the attraction Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. This attraction is found in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. Learn 8 things you need to know about this Fantasyland attraction.
1. Know the minimum height requirement. Although this attraction is known as a family friendly roller coaster, the youngest may not be able to ride. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has a minimum height requirement of 38″. Children typically reach this height around age 4 (give or take, depending on child).
2. There are 2 mild drops. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a great first roller coaster since there are no large drops or sudden jerks. There are 2 mild drops at 31′ and 41′, respectively. However, it is a smooth ride on a steel coaster. Guests are brought indoors and outdoors for their ride. Take in the beautiful view of Fantasyland, at the highest point.
3. This attraction is available for FASTPASS. Fastpass is a system at Disney World that allows guests to pre-book attractions for little to no wait. Guests staying on site can book FASTPASS at 7am ET 60 days out from their stay (+ up to 10 days after), guests staying offsite can book FASTPASS at 7am ET 30 days out from their stay (one day at a time).
4. Know how to beat the crowds. If you keep checking and are unable to grab a FASTPASS. Even though this attraction opened in 2014, it remains popular and a hard FASTPASS to get. Know the other tips & tricks to beat the crowds. This includes arriving early enough for rope drop and more, read all 6 ways to beat the crowds for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
5. If you do end up waiting, this attraction has an interactive queue. Disney knows there will be guests and lines, therefore various attractions offer interactive queues. Waiting isn’t normally fun, time will pass quicker when children being allowed to play and interact. Other attractions Magic Kingdom rides with interactive queue’s include: The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion and more. At Seven Dwarfs Mine Train there are 3 interactive opportunities. Guests can help Doc with Jewel sorting, Jewel washing and interactive wooden barrels (look for the note Doc left).
6. They take your photo. This attraction contains a PhotoPass photo opportunity. This photo (and more) is included with your purchase of Memory Maker. Save $30 on Memory Maker by purchasing at least 3 days prior to your arrival (cost will be $169 versus $199). Some of the reactions you will capture are truly priceless. Also included on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a video!
7. Look for the Snow White’s Scary Adventure rescues. Snow White’s Scary Adventure was formally found in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom and closed in 2012. Now the space is used for the Princess Fairytale Hall. However, a few pieces were rescued from the attraction and placed in Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. These include: 2 vultures (near main entrance) and Bashful, Doc, Grumpy, Happy and Sleepy figures (at cottage, near end of attraction).
8. Ride during the fireworks. Another way to beat the crowds, is to ride during the fireworks. I have personally seen wait times drop down to just 15 minutes when the evening fireworks at Cinderella’s Castle started, as guests are elsewhere waiting for the fireworks to begin. Instead head to this attraction and enjoy dazzling views of the fireworks several times during your ride. In addition, see Snow White’s House with the lights on too!