For guests visiting Disney World with children, and lots of energy, learn which areas of Disney are best to visit. The attractions below allow active guests to get out their energy in fun ways. Young active guests will love these 9 attractions.
9 Perfect Disney World Attractions For Active Children:
1. Affection Station
Petting an animal can calm even the most active guest. Stop at the Affection Station at Rafiki’s Planet Watch at Animal Kingdom. Your kids can pet, brush and possibly even feed domesticated animals at this experience. Animal friends include goats, sheep, donkeys, cows and pigs.
Playgrounds are timeless and the perfect spot to release energy. Including:
- The Boneyard found in DinoLand USA at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. For children 10 and under. Featuring: a multi-level maze, slides, a dig site and more.
- Mission: SPACE play area near attraction at Epcot. To find this area without riding, you will go in the exit of the ride through the gift shop.
- At Dumbo in Magic Kingdom allows children to explore in an indoor play area while waiting to ride (in queue).
- Splash Mountain – At the exit of splash mountain is an adorable playground.
- Also, look for a playground at your Disney Resort.
As an alternative to playgrounds when it is just too hot, consider a Splashpad:
- Casey Jr. Splash N Soak Station, located in Storybook Circus near the train station. This fun area offers water play with circus trains inspired from the movie, Dumbo. Bring a bathing suit or change of clothes.
- At Epcot – there are 2, find them outside Mission: SPACE or Innoventions.
4. Disney Junior Dance Party!
Guests can now sing and dance with Vampirina and more at the Disney Junior Dance Party! The new show features special effects, songs to get you dancing and Characters. Everyone is invited to the party by host Finn Fiesta and DJ Deejay!
Characters include Disney Junior favorites: Timon from The Lion Guard, Vampirina, Doc McStuffins and Mickey Mouse from Mickey and the Roadster Racers.
5. Swiss Family Treehouse
Is for all ages and any height, this attraction is great for releasing energy and fun to walk through the Robinson’s famous treehouse. This attraction includes a total of 116 stairs. Find the Swiss Family Treehouse in Adventureland.
6. Kidcot Fun Stops
If you are traveling the World Showcase with young children, Kidcot Stations are great. Kidcot stations are available in each country. They let children color a free souvenir and then have them stamped in each country, making for a great inexpensive souvenir and fun along the way. Giving active guests something to focus on at each country.
7. Caribbean Coral Reef Aquarium
Located at SeaBase in future world at Epcot is the Caribbean Coral Reef Aquarium. Children will love to watch the angelfish, dolphins, rays, sharks, turtles and more in this 5.7-million-gallon aquarium, and exploring at their own pace.
8. Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure
Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure in Epcot is a FREE game allows guests to help Agent P stop misguided plans of Dr. Doofenshmirtz around the World Showcase at Epcot. This game is from 11 am to 8:15 pm each day and there is a drop box in each country to return your device after you complete/stop the mission. There are 6 missions to choose from and each mission takes about 30 minutes to complete. Explore the countries with an active mission.
9. Resort Hop
Exploring different resorts is a great non-park day activity for active guests. See the luxurious theming and beautiful ground at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. Walk around Pop Century and enjoy the larger than life theming and fun photo opportunities. These are just 2 examples of the many Resorts at Disney World.
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.