This is hands down the best homemade jewelry cleaner I’ve come across. My diamonds are super bright and sparkly and all of the day-to-day grime on the silver and gold pieces is gone. This dries your hand out a bit so use tweezers when getting your jewelry out of the solution. Also, DON’T FORGET the aluminum foil step! If you don’t do that, your silver will turn black. If you follow these instructions just as I did, you will blind everyone with your sparkles!
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp dish soap
- 1 c. water
- 1 square of aluminum foil
- Heat water in the microwave for about a minute and a half.
- Remove from microwave and stir in salt, baking soda, and soap.
- Place a square of aluminum foil in a bowl. Make sure it's big enough to cover the bottom of a bowl.
- Pour water solution in the bowl but hold the foil in place.
- Place your jewelry on the foil and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water when finished and dry with a soft cloth.
- For extra shine, dry your jewelry with a hair dryer on low for a few seconds.
Check out this tip on homemade oven cleaner.
Be sure to also check out these other cleaning tips.