Africa is home of the Kilimanjaro Safari. You do not want to miss this! Also be sure to check out the Harambe town as you enter Africa.
– Be sure to use Fastpass instead of waiting in the line!
– I suggest grabbing a Fastpass and checking out the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail while you wait for your return time.
– The best times to ride are either first thing in the morning or after a light rain. The animals will be more active.
– Be sure to look up during the ride. There is a chart of the animals located above your head to make it easy to identify them!
– Make sure you seat your kids on the inside. This will keep them from reaching out and touching the vegetation that comes very close to the vehicle.
– This trail gets really busy after the first group of people are getting back from the Safari ride. They get off the ride and immediately go and explore this trail.
– There are 2 viewing areas for the Gorillas. A lot of people don’t realize this. So if the first area is crowded, continue on and you will be able to see them again. .
– Allow 20 or so minutes to tour this trail.
You have to take a train to reach the Conservation station.
Conservation Station and Affection Station
– Opens 30 minutes after the rest of the park.
– Has a petting station for the kids to pet baby animals.
– Try to get their early in the morning if you want to see a few animals treated by a vet
Conservation Station is also a great place for to meet characters. We met Rafiki, Jiminy Cricket and Pocahontas.
Wildlife Express Train
– Takes you to the conservation station.
– Pick a seat in the middle of the train for easy exit.
Disney World is the Most Magical Place On Earth. Be sure to learn how to make the most of your trip by reading the Disney World Training series. You can also browse all the articles I have written in an easy to use outline. And if you are ready to book your trip, be sure to read about the perks of using an authorized Disney vacation planner (plus it’s FREE!).