If you enjoy the dark rides (meaning the lights are off, not that they are scary), here are what I consider to be the best dark rides at Walt Disney World:
1. Pirates of the Caribbean – You can’t go wrong with this classic. I love the drop (it’s just 14 feet) and I especially love the scene where the pirates are trying to auction off the fair maidens. If you sit on the right side of the boat you might get a little wet in the canon scene.
2. DINOSAUR – The track is so fun on this ride. I especially love it when you have to escape the chasing dinosaur. It can be intense for little kids, so make sure you watch a YouTube video before you decide to take them on it.
3. Spaceship Earth – How cool is it to ride inside this park’s icon? It is a very educational attraction and it is also well air conditioned. It is a great space to catch a breather during your park day.
4. Peter Pan’s Flight – This is my personal favorite attraction. You’ll board a pirate ship that will be dusted with pixie dust so that you can fly above the nursery, London and on to Neverland. The regular queue for this attraction is pretty awesome as well.
5. Haunted Mansion – This one is probably the most popular of all the dark rides and one you can’t leave off when making a list. If you ride it at night, you’ll see more details since your eyes are naturally dilated in the dark.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.