If you plan to meet characters at Walt Disney World, here are my 7 best tips for character meets:
1. Count the families in line – Since families go up to the character together, I recommend you count the line by families before you join. We won’t get in the line if it has more than 15 families waiting. 15 families equals about a 25 minute wait.
2. Ask the Cast Member when the character will be going backstage for a snack – I’ll admit that it is very frustrating when you get up to the front of the line just for the character to take a short break backstage to get honey or nuts or whatever fun thing the Cast Member comes up with. I recommend asking when their next break will be so you can prepare your children if need be.
3. Prepare your camera and autograph book – When there is one family remaining in front of you, make sure you take a moment to open your autograph book to the page you want the character to sign. Also make sure your camera is ready or your phone is open to the camera.
4. Get your autograph first – Characters will greet you and then ask to sign your item. Prepare your kids for the proper etiquette of meeting characters. Say hello, request an autograph, interact with the character and then get your picture made.
5. Make a video – The character meets are so fun and you can capture some incredible memories during your meet. If you purchased Memory Maker, let them take the pictures while you make a video.
6. Ask the characters something creative – To make the visit extra magical, ask the characters something creative. This could be anything from asking Cinderella what her favorite pumpkin flavored food is or asking Minnie Mouse where her dog Fifi is.
7. Take multiple pictures – It is perfectly acceptable to have the character take a picture with your kids and then one with the whole family. If it is a beloved character, don’t be afraid to ask the character to take a picture with just one member of the family. My son’s favorite is Pluto and he always gets solo pictures with him.
What are your best tips for meeting characters?
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.