This Slow Cooker Mexican Quinoa is sure to please even the biggest carnivore in your family. We really enjoy this dish. Add a side of tortilla chips and it will satisfy you. It is great reheated too!
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 1 can of black beans (15 oz) drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz) not drained
- 1 can corn (15.25 oz) drained
- 1 pasillas chili pepper chopped
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice (or 2 drops of Young Living Lime Essential Oil)
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- Place quinoa in the slow cooker. Top with remaining ingredients except for the cilantro. Cook on high for 3 hours. Serve with fresh cilantro.
Adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.