Here are the characters in Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World. Be sure to pick up a Times Guide each morning to see their exact meet and greet times.
- Chip n Dale
- Daisy Duck
- Donald Duck
- Launchpad McQuack
- Scrooge McDuck
- Kevin from Up
- Mickey & Minnie (FP available)
- Pocahontas (Discovery Island Trails)
- Rafiki & Timon (Discovery Landing)
- Russell and Dug
Tusker House – Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Goofy
My tips for meeting the characters:
- Almost all characters sign, make sure you have an autograph book (write your cell phone number in it) and pen for them to use (their hands are big so you might want to get one of the fat sharpies.)
- Character handlers (the cast members that work with characters) have a light blue shirt on. If you see someone standing around with a light blue shirt, it means a character is about to come out. Ask them!
- When you get in line, ask the cast member when the character plans to go get a snack. You might not want to wait the extra 5 minutes for their break.
- Only face characters (like the Princesses) speak. You could explain this to your child by saying that the other characters have to save their voices for the parades and shows (where they do speak).
- It is okay to ask questions to the characters about their movies, life, etc. It might be fun while you wait in line to come up with a question to ask them. Just don’t ask Chip and Dale where they keep their nuts!
- When we meet a character, we get the autograph first (make sure you open your book to a clean page while you are waiting in line), give hugs and then take a picture. The characters will help your children to turn around to pose for the picture.
- Don’t forget to say “please” when asking for an autograph & photo and then “thank you” afterwards.
- Take a picture of your child as they walk towards the character. I’ve caught some cute pictures of Jacob with his arms outstretched towards the character. It’s so cute.
- Most characters have a Photopass Photographer with them. They will take pictures with your camera too. Don’t be afraid to ask!
- It is okay to have a picture made with just your kids and then you jump in for a second shot.
- If you have more tips for this list, please add them to the comments so I can update it.
Here is a list of characters you can meet in Hollywood Studios.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.