Those with a sweet tooth who have visited Walt Disney World know that there are other attractions at the parks besides the rides and shows, such as Disney snacks! There are so many delicious, Disney treats available all throughout Walt Disney World that it’s difficult to pick only a few; but I’ve managed to come up with a list of my favorite tasty snacks!
1. Mickey Premium Bar-You just can’t beat this classic ice cream treat in the shape of Mickey! It’s practically a rite of passage for anyone’s first trip to Disney World; and a perfect snack, no matter what the age, to recharge and cool down while touring the parks.
2. Dole Whip-Check out this post on How to make your own Dole Whip’s! This snack is one of the most popular of them all with Disney World fans. A Dole Whip is pineapple flavored soft serve. It’s creamy, sweet, delicious, and tastes just like fresh pineapple! There are other fruit flavors too, but pineapple seems to be the favorite. You can also have a Dole Whip float with your soft serve served in fresh pineapple juice. Get yourself a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom or Captain Cook’s Snack Company at the Polynesian.
3. Popcorn-I know this snack isn’t very orginal, but a trip to Disney World without it’s popcorn just isn’t right! The warm, buttery smell of this delicious snack makes a stop at a snack cart a must; and my favorite place for popcorn is at the Magic Kingdom. Did you know that Walt Disney wanted walking into the Magic Kingdom to resemble walking into a movie theater? Think of the posters of the attractions on the walls when you pass under the train station and the red pavement designed to look like a red carpet, I think there’s a reason a popcorn cart is always parked near the entrance, don’t you? For more interesting Disney history, check out Teaching History Through the Parks: Magic Kingdom.
4. Ice Cream Sandwich-This scrumptious treat consists of a generous helping of creamy ice cream between two chocolate chip cookies! Just a glimpse of this snack will make your mouth water. You can find it at Main Street Bakery and at Sleepy Hollow, both great places for Disney snacks.
5. School Bread-This snack can be found in Kringla Bakeri Og at the Norway pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase. It’s a custard filled pastry topped with shredded coconut and those who have experienced this tasty goodness think that it’s some of the best sweet treats to be had.
Are any of these Disney snacks your favorites? Let us know in the comment box below.
Disney World is the Most Magical Place On Earth. Be sure to learn how to make the most of your trip by reading the Disney World Training series. You can also browse all the articles I have written in an easy to use outline. And if you are ready to book your trip, be sure to read about the perks of using an authorized Disney vacation planner (plus it’s FREE!).