Located at the end of Main Street USA is Cinderella’s Castle in Magic Kingdom. The castle is 190 feet tall (which is more than 100 feet taller than Sleeping Beauty’s Castle in Disneyland) and it uses forced perspective to make it look larger than it actually is. The castle has 27 towers. At night, Tinker Bell flies from the tallest tower during Happily Ever After (look for her zipline to know exactly where she flies from).
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Inside the castle is the Cinderella’s Royal Table where your family is treated like royalty as you dine with Cinderella and her Princess friends. You’ll also find the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique where your daughter can be styled into a princess or your son can be styled into a prince. Higher up in the castle is the Cinderella Castle Suite, a very private and non requestable suite that features a royal bedchamber that can sleep up to 6 people. Originally used as a prize in the Year of a Million Dreams promotion (where guests were selected to stay there for free daily from 2007 – 2009), it is now used for Make a Wish and for celebrities who are willing to donate a large sum of money to select charities.
Early in the morning, you are able to pass through the castle on your way to Fantasyland. If given the opportunity, be sure to walk through the castle as it is breathtaking! Mid-morning, they close the entrance to the castle to make way for the Mickey’s Dream Come True show that is performed in front of the castle throughout the day (check your Times Guide for the current showings).
Happily Ever After Fireworks
The castle also plays a role in the Happily Ever After fireworks show, changing color right along with the fireworks display.
And as the park closes each night, the Castle is featured in The Kiss Goodnight. It includes music, color-changing lights illuminating the castle, a 3 minute narration and even a wish goodnight from Mickey Mouse! On most nights it will run every 30 minutes for an hour or so after closing.
Tips for Cinderella’s Castle
1. There is a beautiful grassy sitting area in front of the castle. Take a few minutes to sit in the grass and look up at the castle. It is one of the most peaceful and magical moments I have had.
2. Located in front of the Castle is a statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse. Be sure to check out what is on Walt’s hand. You’ll also find statues of other characters in this area.
3. Just behind Cinderella’s Castle is Cinderella’s Fountain. If you bow down in front of the fountain you will see a crown magically appear on Cinderella’s head!
4. Look for Cinderella’s Wishing Well and check out the base. This is different from Cinderella’s Fountain. It is located on the path on the right side of the castle near Fairytale Gardens.
5. Make sure you check out the rear of the castle. Many times characters will appear unannounced! I’ve also seen characters on the path on the right side of the castle.
6. Starting about a half hour after the park closes (remember that if the park closes at 9pm, you have almost a full hour to leave the park), the Kiss Goodnight will begin. The castle will appear to change colors as Roy O. Disney’s dedication speech for the Magic Kingdom plays thanking you for coming.
7. In the middle of the day, the walk through the castle is closed. This is because of the show Mickey’s Friendship Faire that is performed periodically throughout the day. However, early in the morning (at Rope Drop) and at night the walkway through the castle is open. So make sure you experience it!
8. As you walk through the castle, look for the stunning mosaic and check out the faces of the evil stepsisters.
9. Stop in Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and ask the cashier to sprinkle your little girl’s head with Pixie Dust. You do not need an appointment to get sprinkled!
10. Sit in the grassy areas for a peaceful experience in the midst of chaos. It also is a great place to take pictures of your children.
11. If you are eating in Cinderella’s Royal Table, be sure to look up in the room where you meet Cinderella. You should see the Disney Family Crest and you might even spot Cinderella’s Mice in the rafters!
12. I also hear you can ask the suite of armor in Cinderella’s Royal Table for an autograph and get a funny reply.
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.