Many parents can make a quick phone call to the doctor if they have a sick child. They don’t realize what a luxury that is! 1 in 5 children in the U.S. live in poverty and millions of children don’t have access to regular check-ups and timely doctor’s visits when they are sick. Without access to essential health care, many children go without treatment for common ailments like asthma or cavities which can lead to bigger problems if left untreated.
Children’s Health Fund (CHF) is a non-profit organization committed to providing health care to the nation’s most medically under served children and their families. They have teamed up with Clorox to launch Connect Kids to Care.
As part of Clorox’s commitment to preventive health for families the company is donating half a million dollars to CHF to help support CHF’s goal of providing half a million health care visits to disadvantaged children across the country over the next two years.
In addition, Clorox is donating $1.00 for each new fan on the Clorox Facebook page (up to $100,000).
To help Clorox spread the word and help CHF provide health care visits to children in need you can:
1. Connect -Visit the Clorox page on Facebook® (www.Facebook.com/Clorox) to learn more about the program and become a fan. Clorox will donate $1.00 to CHF for each new fan that joins the Clorox Facebook page from April 2010 and April 2012 (up to $100k).
2. Tweet – join the Twitter storm to help kickoff the program and get as many people as possible Tweeting and re-Tweeting with the hashtag #CHFClorox.
3. Share – Help spread the word to friends and family by changing your Facebook status (additional details on Facebook.com/Clorox).
4. Act – Visit the Clorox Facebook page to find out more and learn how a $10 donation can help CHF provide health care to children in need.
By starting conversations online the Connect Kids to Care program will show people ways to maintain a healthier environment for their families through expert advice, wellness tips and consumer-generated ideas.
After helping make an impact on the lives of others, families will be encouraged to make sure they are doing all they can to maintain a healthier environment in their own homes. Ensuring that everyone is getting regular check-ups and practicing other healthy habits can impact an entire family and everyone in the surrounding communities. These habits include:
* Encourage your family to wash their hands well with warm water and soap. This helps prevent the spread of infection
* Talk to your kids often about how they’re feeling. Simply asking this question can help you be better informed about any health problems your child may be experiencing.
* Keep your kids on a regular teeth-brushing schedule. Watch them brush every now and then to make sure they’re using the proper technique.
* Make sure you are all getting plenty of sleep, eating right, exercising and wearing warm clothes when it’s cold
* Disinfect frequently touched surfaces like light switches and counters to help reduce the spread of germs.
* Keep the whole family up-to-date on important immunizations.
Clorox and Children’s Health Fund have graciously agreed to give one reader a gift pack! All you have to do is tweet about this program! You need to tweet “Go to Facebook.com/Clorox to learn about Connect Kids to Care! Join the fan page & Clorox will donate $1 (up to $100,000) #CHFClorox”
After tweeting the phrase, come back here and leave a comment letting me know that you did! This giveaway will end tonight at 5 pm cst! So hurry if you’d like to win!
I was honored to be asked to join in on a conference call with this awesome organization and was compensated a $25 Amex gift card, Clorox coupon and the giveaway listed!