We headed to Hollywood Studios for the afternoon. We decided earlier this morning that it is where we wanted to go. I was able to secure Toy Story Mania and Star Tours Fastpasses last minute. That doesn’t always happen but it was an awesome perk. Here are 5 things you need to know from our day to help you have a magical visit to Hollywood Studios:
1. The March of the First Order is amazing – We entered the park right as it started. We haven’t seen but the first Star Wars movie and we still found it incredible. The Stormtroopers march around The Crossroads (going in front of the turnstile area) before going up Hollywood Boulevard. Feel free to fall in line behind them. You’ll feel like you are in a parade.
2. There was a talking Green Army Man – I have never seen him before! My kids were pulling me every which way but I overheard some of the things he was saying and it was hilarious. “Why did you hand me an open book? What do you expect me to use this for? I can’t fire it.”
3. Toys are everywhere – Earlier this week we saw a toy Buzz, Woody and a few other characters but today we saw a spilled bucket of Green Army Men, Rex and Slinky Dog. Feel free to let your kids play with these for a few minutes. One of the Green Army Men even got down to play with Molly Kate.
4. Cast Members don’t know about the balloon – I asked a few Cast Members if they are taking down the Muppet Balloon. They reported that they assume eventually it will come down but they don’t see it happening soon. So we will see when it disappears from the building.
5. They resigned the Olaf Meet and Greet – They adjusted the direction of the sign and made it more eye catching and it worked. The wait was 55 minutes where I have only seen it up to 20 minutes over the past few months.
6. Christmas decorations were down – The Christmas Tree was gone from Hollywood Studios today. So it looks like Christmas decorations stay up about 1 week into the new year.
Catch up on our Everyday at Disney adventures!