Day 23 of Everyday at Disney was spent at the Magic Kingdom. We spent the morning with our friends and then met up with them again at the Magic Kingdom. The wind was strong due to the previous day’s storm which caused the ferry and other boats to be closed for the day. This was the first time we have seen the ferry closed. Usually it is the Monorail! They were also running buses to the Magic Kingdom.
We arrived at the park at 3:15 PM. The Festival of Fantasy parade runs from Frontierland to Main Street so we grabbed a front row seat to the parade. It was fabulous!
Next we used our Fastpasses to ride Space Mountain and meet Rapunzel and Tiana. Then we went to The Little Mermaid. We waited 20 minutes in the regular queue and boarded the ride just to have it break down the minute it started. The whole ride had to be evacuated! Since our clam was behind our children but we were still technically in the loading area, we were allowed off the ride. However the children had to wait on almost every other clam in the ride to be evacuated before they were let off. Luckily they enjoyed the experience.
We were each given a Fastpass for any Magic Kingdom attraction except Seven Dwarfs or Peter Pan’s Flight. We decided to use it on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad which was so much fun! It was my first time riding it since last summer before it went under refurbishment. After that, we headed on out of the park and made our way back home (had great traffic on I4!).
Tidbits to help you with your next visit:
- Parade – The best place to see the parade is right in front of the Emporium and the Harmony Barber Shop. The parade goes backstage between the Car Barn and the Fire Station.
- Always record – During character meets I like to record my children and their reactions to the characters. You can capture some awesome memories.
- Rides breakdown – We were on The Little Mermaid when the ride broke down and was unable to restart. Talk with your children ahead of time that this might happen and to remain calm if it does. In all of our visits, this was the first time that it happened to us.
- Take the left – The left path on Big Thunder Mountain is technically shorter than the one on the right side. When given the choice, go left!
- Prepare for the chill – Bring light jackets for when the sun starts to go down if you are coming in the cooler months. It is no fun to be cold at Disney!
We are going to Disney everyday in 2017! Follow along with our Everyday at Disney adventures!