If you are staying at Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, or at Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter, here are 5 tips for dining at Disney’s moderate resorts:
1. Dine at the Counter-Service or Table-Service restaurants. Most moderate resorts have both a counter-service and a table-service restaurant. If you want to dine at the table-service restaurant, you will need to make a reservation ahead of time (starting at 180 days in advance). Usually these restaurants do have last minute reservations available and do accept walk ups.
2. Get a bottled soda if you are on the dining plan. A Quick-Service entitlement is good for a drink, entree and a dessert (lunch and dinner). If you are dining at your resort, bring your refillable mugs for your beverage. Get a bottled drink and put it in the fridge back in your room.
3. Check all of the order stations. The Quick-Service restaurants have multiple windows for ordering that offer a variety of cuisine. Make sure you check all of the stations before deciding on your entree.
4. Get your dessert later. If you want an ice cream sundae, ask the cashier to stamp your receipt. You can return after your meal to pick up your dessert.
5. Use snack credits for breakfast. Instead of using a Quick-Service credit, use your snack credits to get pastries and other breakfast foods.
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.