We are less than 6 months from our vacation date, so it’s time to really buckle down and get serious about the Disney Fund. I decided to go through all of the deposits I have made so far and make a list for both my reference and yours.
I broke each deposit down by category. Be sure to check out the training series I have on how to start your fund.
Left From Other Vacations
- $99.18 left from the November 2011 Disney trip on my Disney Rewards Card
- $100 – Hubby took the kids and his mom to Texas for a week to visit her family (I stayed here at home to work on the blog and do other things around the house). He came in under budget so we are putting that money towards Disney!
Gift Cards That I Turned Into Cash For The Fund
(Confused on how I deposit gift cards? Check out this post.)
- $10 Target gift card
- $25 American Express Shop Small gift card (spent $25 at our local mom and pop grocery store and took $25 from the grocery fund and put it in the Disney fund)
- $20 gift card from the MasterCard Holiday Promo (Took $20 out of the gas budget and used this gift card to buy gas. Put that $20 in cash in the fund.)
- $10 from a CVS gift card
- $10 – I got a Publix gift card in the mail. I used it to pay for my groceries last weekand took $10 in cash out of the grocery budget to deposit to my fund.
- $20 Visa gift card for a Samsung rebate from Christmas time
- $100 Walmart Gift Card from Christmas (I used it at Walmart and took $100 in cash out of our grocery budget. Details here.)
- $10 iTunes gift card (took $10 out of our entertainment fund and spent this gift card in it’s place.).
- $30 in Target and Publix gift card (took $30 out of our grocery fund and spent these gift card in it’s place. See more about how I add gift cards to my fund).
- $35 – Winn-Dixie had a sale where you got $5 off a $50 gift card. I bought 7 $50 Shell gift cards and paid just $315 for $350 worth of gas. I took the $350 out of our monthly gas budget and replaced it with gift cards. I added the $35 in cash to the fund.
- $5 Mcdonald’s Gift Card for completing a survey
- $5 gift card to Target (took $5 in cash out of the grocery budget to put in the fund and spent the gift card)
Disney Gift Cards That I Earned
- $20 Disney Gift Card (from Disney Movie Rewards; no longer available)
- $100 Disney gift card (Winn-Dixie had a promo where if you bought $300 in gift cards, you got $50 off. So we took 10 weeks worth of gas budget ($50 per week) and bought $500 in Shell gift cards. We also bought a $100 Disney gift card which was free after the promo, giving us $100 to put in our fund!)
- $50 Disney Gift Card – I took $450 from the fund and turned it into $500 in gift cards at Winn Dixie. They were running a promotion where you got $5 off a $50 gift card. So I did it 10 times and ended up with $50 extra for the fund. The manager didn’t even know there was a sale on gift cards that week. I guess I am the only person in Trussville, AL that looks for them.
- $40 Disney Gift Card for taking an online phone tour of the DVC (received it with my Disney Visa statement)
- $25 Disney gift card that I purchased with what was left from our gas budget last month (yay for staying at home)
- $50 Landry’s Gift Card earned through MyPoints (good at both Rainforest Cafe and TREX at Downtown Disney; Took about 6 months to earn.)
- $32.84 in cash back from ShopAtHome.com
- $20 from Serve.com
- $5 from Magazines.com rebate
- $15 in No Beer Purchase Rebates (3 $5 rebate checks)
- $30.00 Kohl’s Rebate from Christmas Shopping
- $15 check from Kellogg’s
- $9.99 Staples Rebate
- $30 rebate from buying a Philips razor for hubby for Christmas
- $10 NBPR rebate
- $10 NBPR rebate
- $20 NBPR rebate
- $5 NBPR rebate
- $25.64 in cash back from Ebates (for Christmas Shopping)
- $5 from Saving Star
- $20 in various rebate checks
- $3.59 Rebate for Lysol Wipes
- $20 in Rebates
- $28.67 in cash back from ShopAtHome.com
- $5 Mail in Rebate
Misc Money From Other Areas Of The Budget
- $7.54 credit from overpaying a bill (when I paid it off)
- $19.69 – Overpaid a bill (when I paid it off)
- $10 refund from a doctor’s co-pay we didn’t owe
- $10 Co-Pay Reimbursement
- $60 reimbursed from the Doctor’s office. We all ha the flu at the beginning of the month and had to all 4 go to the doctor. We have to pay a $15 per person co-pay but then the doctor’s office sends it back. So I used the grocery budget for that week to pay it (since we were so sick we didn’t go shopping much).
- $5.02 left from the grocery budget
- $8.97 left from the grocery budget (We spent $19.28 at Chick-Fil-A on Saturday. This was what was left after all of the week’s grocery and out to eat trips. Check out my Bargain Brags.)
- $100 from the budget for my son’s tuition. We thought we would have to pay $200 for May but were surprised to find out it was only $100.
- $28.15 difference from the power bill (we budgeted $175 and we came in under that, yay!)
- $38.00 for diapers sold to a friend
- $15 for mileage reimbursement from my husband’s job
- $126.65 from Survey Savvy for various surveys completed over a few months
Grand Total: $1583.60 deposited since November 12th, 2011.