Find out the October happenings for Walt Disney World and where and when they are taking place. All the Halloween decorations are up at Disney World and fall excitement is in the air. Will you be taking part in any of these events?
1. New Meet & Greet Coming To Animal Kingdom
Tarzan’s Meet & Greet is ending for guests on September 30, 2017 and next guests can meet with a beloved Lion King character. Timon will be meeting guests starting October 1, 2017. Guests will find Timon on Discovery Island at Animal Kingdom.
2. Epcot Celebrates 35 Years
On October 1, 2017, Epcot will be celebrating 35 years with special events and merchandise. Events Include:
- Pick up your commemorative Epcot Guidemap & Times Guide.
- Watch a special celebration at Fountain View stage at 10:01am.
- Shop the “I Was There” collection.
- Even IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will be celebrating with a special edition of the fireworks at 9pm.
Plus, shop the “I Was There” merchandise collection.
3. The Chew Returns to Disney World in October
Returning to Disney World for the 3rd consecutive year, will be The Chew from ABC. They will be stationed in front of Spaceship earth during the week of October 9-13.
Join The Chew as they tape 5 episodes, in front of a live audience, during the 2017 International Food & Wine Festival at Epcot.
4. Return To Sleepy Hollow Event at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgroud
“Return to Sleepy Hollow” is an event at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Guests will be in for a thrilling night. Watch the classic, “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”. Catch this event: September 29-October 2, October 5-9, 12-16, 19-23 and 26-31. On event nights times are 8pm and 10pm.
5. International Food & Wine Festival at Epcot
The 2017 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival began on August 31 and continuing through November 13, 2017. There are a record 35 Booths this year.
Throughout the World Showcase guests can listen to and enjoy authentic performances, some even overlapping the 2017 Food & Wine Festival.
6. Yellowteen at STK Orlando
STK Orlando at Disney Springs is cordially inviting you to their event, “Yellowteen”. On October 31, 2016 STK Orlando will host their 1st ever Halloween bash. Guests will have a live DJ, 2 hours open bar, small food to eat, drink specials and more. Cost is $50 per person.
7. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party
This special ticketed event at Magic Kingdom will be happening select nights in October through November 1. Highlights include: dressing up (adults too), Trick or Treating, Boo to You Parade, special meet & greets and more.
If this is your first time attending read 7 tip for First Timers at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party for 2017.
Click here for all the latest Disney News!
Going to Disney? You might qualify for a Disney Gift Card when you book your trip with the Couponing to Disney travel specialist!