On January 14, 2019 a Masai giraffe calf was born on the Kilimanjaro Safari Savanna around 2pm, to mom Mara. The calf is named, Jabari and described as: bold, curious and courageous, therefore his name is fitting, meaning “brave one” in Swahili.
Janari now stands at 7 ft tall and can now be found on the Kilimanjaro Safari, after spending backstage bonding time with mom. See him with the rest of the herd in Animal Kingdom.
Celebrate His Arrival with limited-time offerings below!
- Drivers on Kilimanjaro Safaris will talk about the new calf.
- Try a limited edition cupcake from Tamu Tamu featuring a photo of Jabari & mom.
- Take a photo at the entrance to Harambe bridge holding a special birth announcement.
- Now available outside Kilimanjaro Safaris is giraffe-themed face-painting.
- At Mombasa Marketplace are giraffe themed Ears!
See a special video:
photo credit: Disney Parks Blog