Interested in when is the best time to go to Walt Disney World? Here are some tips on how to figure it out:
Check the resort prices for your travel date. If your date is expensive, expect crowds.
Another rule of thumb is if the schools are out, it’s going to be crowded. I highly recommend that you do NOT travel to Disney World on any holiday, even President’s Day, unless you have to. If your family can choose another week, do it.
Least crowded times of the year….
- Mid January through March (avoid Martin Luther King and President’s Day)
- The first 3 weeks of May
- Mid September through the week of Thanksgiving (avoid Columbus and Veteran’s Day)
- First 2 weeks in December
Most crowded times of the year (expect park closures; massive crowds)….
- The 2 weeks of Christmas break
- Easter week
- 4th of July
- School holidays and breaks (especially Spring Break which falls from mid March to late April since Spring break is not the same week throughout the country)
Best days to visit
The absolute best time to visit Disney World is during the week. If you can schedule your vacation to begin on a Monday and end on a Sunday, that would be ideal.
Absolute best time to visit Disney
The absolute best time to visit Disney is when it works for your family. Don’t let this post deter you from traveling because you can’t go when it isn’t predicted to be busy. With a game plan, you will see and do a lot. We have been when it was very crowded (according to Touring Plans) and we still didn’t wait more than 10-15 minutes because we had a plan.
What is your favorite time to visit Disney World?
Please leave the answer in the comment section!
Here are some tips on determining how many days to stay at Walt Disney World.