I could spend 2 or 3 days in just this land and still not be completely satisfied. This land is home to my daughter’s favorite ride “Peter Pan’s Flight” and my son’s favorite “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh”.
Disney World’s Fantasyland is currently expanding to include more attractions. Some of these rides might be closed. Be sure to check the park map and/or Times Guide for newest info.
– 1:30 long.
– Sit kids on the inside
– There is a lever in the elephant that will allow you to adjust the height of the elephant. Unfortunately the ride starts and ends by raising the elephants to their fullest height. (yes, I am scared of heights. And Dumbo scares me.)
– There are 100 horses on this Carousel. Judge the line and don’t get in it if there are too many people. Usually there won’t be though.
– Lasts 2 minutes
– Make this one of your last rides in Fantasyland because the line is usually short.
– The horses on the outside go faster than the ones on the inside. If you have small kids, put them on a horse on the inside.
– Cinderella has a horse on the carousel. It has a golden ribbon on it’s tail!
– There is sword in a stone in front of Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel. Yes, it is THAT sword in the stone. Be sure and take a picture with it!
– Don’t get in this line if it’s more than 15 – 20 minutes. It loads fast and the line is often short. If you see a long wait, try it again later.
– If there are 2 lines, go to the left!
– Ask to sit in the front of the boat. it’s the best view and it has the most leg room.
– This ride doesn’t usually have a long line. I wouldn’t wait over 15 minutes. The line will be short again in no time.
– You can spin the tea cup by turning the wheel in the middle of the cup. If you don’t want to spin, hold the wheel still.
– You can often find characters from Alice in Wonderland near the exit. Look for Alice, the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit and more!
– Uses FASTPASS. Remember the first fastpass return time is one hour after the park opens. You might want to grab a Fastpass on your way in or out of the ride.
– Lasts 4 minutes
– You can often find characters from Winnie the Pooh near the entrance.
– The best seats are in the middle of the theater.
– After you see the movie, stop by the shop behind the theater. You will see where Donald landed after he got shot out of the cannon!
– Uses FASTPASS. One of the most popular attractions at the Magic Kingdom. If you are here before 10 am, make sure you grab a fastpass before you get in the stand by line. If you are here after 10 am, don’t get in the line if it is longer than 15 minutes. Instead grab a fastpass and come back.
– When you see Wendy on the plank, be sure to look up!
Update: closing to make way for the Fantasyland expansion.
– This might scare your kids. The main focus of this ride is the witch. They actually added Snow White after it was already in operation because it scared so many kids. My daughter was scared but we ended up riding
1. Back in the corner behind Dumbo and next to Pinocchio Village Haus
2. Behind the Enchanted Grove snack bar near the Mad Hater’s Tea Party.
3. Beside Peter Pan’s flight, near the transition to Liberty Square.
Please share any tips you have about Fantasyland or any questions or concerns you might have. Also let me know if any of this information is inaccurate!
Disney World is the Most Magical Place On Earth. Be sure to learn how to make the most of your trip by reading the Disney World Training series. You can also browse all the articles I have written in an easy to use outline. And if you are ready to book your trip, be sure to read about the perks of using an authorized Disney vacation planner (plus it’s FREE!).