My writers and I love sharing with you different tips and tricks we have learned when planning and visiting the Disney Parks on Chip and Co. Today I have a bunch of miscellaneous tips for the Magic Kingdom.
- Try to visit the MK on Tues – Thursday – Most families hit the Magic Kingdom early in their Disney visit or on the weekends. So if you can wait till mid week crowds should be lighter. Check out my article talking about doing Magic Kingdom Last.
- Take the Ferry – For a more enjoyable experience ride the ferry to the entrance of the Magic Kingdom. While the ride may be a little longer it makes for some spectacular photos.
- Do Fantasyland First – When you first walk in the park head up to Fantasyland and knock out all the rides there. Later in the day when there is 2 hr wait and the sun is blaring hot you will thank me. Check out my Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for full details.
- Get a Park Map and Times Guide – When you first walk in in Town Square pick up a Guide Map and the Times Guide. It lists show times, character greeting times, and any special hours for attractions and restaurants. Also many of the stores near the cash registers have park maps and show times in case you forgot when you entered the park.
- Make those ADR’s – Book character meals early to get some great pictures before it fills up with people. The Crystal Palace Buffet has breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and friends between 8 – 10:30 AM. So see if you can get a 7 or 7:30 am reservation.
- Save Splash Mountain till your really hot – Your gonna get drenched so save it till it is really hot but don’t do it before your going to sit down and eat as the restaurants are chilly. Made that mistake last time. Wet Clothes + Cool AC + Meal = Not an enjoyable lunch.
- Do late dinner on Extra Magic Hour Nights – Eat a sit down meal on an EMH night so you can re-charge for a late night. If you plan it for around 8 or 9 by the time you’re done the crowds will have thinned down.
- Pack extra batteries – Pack extra batteries or a battery charger to bring with you. If you take as many pics as I do you will probably wear that battery down before lunch. Pack your charger or an extra battery so you wont have to run back to your room. Check out this article on Staying Charged at Walt Disney World.
These are just some of the many Planning Tips we have learned over the years of visiting the Magic Kingdom.
If you have some Planning Tips for the Magic Kingdom let us know in the comment box below.
>>Chip of Chip and Co.
If you want to get the most out of your Disney Dining Experience you should check out the DFB Guide to Walt Disney World® Dining. We support it on the Chip and Co website and even wrote up a nice little review about it here. We use it when planning all of our Disney Vacations and is our go to guide for all Disney Dining details.
Disney World is the Most Magical Place On Earth. Be sure to learn how to make the most of your trip by reading the Disney World Training series. You can also browse all the articles I have written in an easy to use outline. And if you are ready to book your trip, be sure to read about the perks of using an authorized Disney vacation planner (plus it’s FREE!).