Wondering what to pack in the diaper bag for Walt Disney World Orlando? Before I share my list I have to ask you this one question…Back Pack or Diaper Bag?
While for the ladies a stylish bag may match your outfit your probably not going to get your spouse to carry it around for you. For us a backpack has tons of pockets for storage, and is gender neutral so everyone can help haul the load.
No matter what you pick here are some items we like to carry with us to Walt Disney World. Like me start off by saying many of the items most parents already keep in their bag, others might surprise you.
- Drinks – Around our house we use the No-Spill tumblers. When we travel to Disney World we bring a few of these with us. We fill the sippy cup up at every mealtime.
- Change of clothes – We try to carry with us a full change of clothes including socks and underwear. You never know! If you put them in a ziplock bag that keeps gives you storage for soiled outfits, and it keeps the odor in. Parents know what I mean. Zip Lock bags are a life saver!
- Snacks – We usually buy the variety boxes of cereal for snacks for our little ones. They are small, portable and great even for parents to munch on. No matter what you like be sure to pack some snacks.
- Tissues and Baby Wipes – Even as the kiddies progress from Infant to Toddler flush-able baby wipes are a must! Walmart sells a convenient travel pack that fits nicely in a backpack.
- Books – Before you leave for your trip buy some new books. Helps when your waiting in line for a ride or for food. The old books you have at home will not do, as I am sure you and your children have read them 1000 times.
- Mini Disney Characters – Our little one loves these, they travel well, and come in every Disney flavor :) Be sure to buy a new set before you go. The newness factor helps keep your little one busy while you wait.
- Medicine – Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Band Aids, etc. Make your own little first aid kit to bring with you.
- Good walking shoes – Please for the love of God don’t let your child walk around all day in CROCS (Just say No). A good pair of walking or running shoes will help the whole family feel better at the end of the day, and not completely wiped out. We usually will pack an additional pair to switch out later in the day. You know kids are naturally attracted to puddles?
- Toys – I mentioned the Disney Characters above but we try to also carry a few other things to play with. Play Doh is a great toy and lots of fun while sitting at the table, coloring book, travel games (leapster) are just a few suggestions.
- Portable DVD Player – Great for nap times in the room, I picked one up at Walmart for $50 and it is such a lifesaver.
- Pin Trading Lanyard – Just something we like to do while at the parks, cheaper than most toys at the gift shops and kids love to trade and hunt for their favorite characters.
The Baby Care Center in each of the parks has many of these items in case you forget them which can be a lifesaver.
What are some things you bring along with you when Traveling to Disney?
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.
(Thanks Chip and Company!)