Looking for a Walt Disney World Pictorial Souvenir? Pre-Order the Photopass CD before you leave for your trip! Walt Disney World knows that vacations are all about the memories you create, and the greatest way to capture those memories is on film. But Disney also knows that you don’t want to to spend your entire vacation trying to get that perfect shot, so they offer the Photopass option.
Stationed throughout the Walt Disney World parks, restaurants and resorts are Photopass photographers. These photographers are paid by Disney to take your picture. They use their camera and you can access the pictures on the Photopass website after you return from your trip (the deluxe hotels also have Photopass viewing stations, or you can stop by the Camera Centers located in each park). But they will also take a picture with your camera, just ask! Photos make for a great Disney souvenir.
When we were planning the January 2011 trip, we decided to buy the Photopass CD ahead of time so I didn’t have to stress during the trip about getting that ‘perfect shot’. If you buy the CD before your arrival date through this link, you pay just $119.95 (compared to $169.95 after you return). Or you could pre-order the Photopass + CD for $149.99 (compared to $199.95 after you return)
Each day, we would look for every Photopass photographer we could find. There are 4-5 stationed in front of each park’s icon (The Castle, The Hat, The Tree and The Ball) and you will find more scattered throughout the park. Plus don’t forget that you will find them stationed with about 75% of the characters!
Here is how the Photopass program works:
- Buy the disc before you go. (You won’t regret it!) You can also buy the disc after you return but it is $50 more.
- When you enter the park, find a Photopass photographer and let them know you need a card. IMMEDIATELY take a picture of the back of your card so if you lose it, you will have the number. It’s also a great idea to write your name or initial on the card to make sure you always have your card returned to you and not someone elses!
- Each Photopass account can have an unlimited number of cards so if you forget a card in the room or if you want to each carry a card, that’s fine.
- You can have as many pictures taken as you want. Make sure you let the photographer know you bought the disc ahead of time and they will go to town taking pics! We ended up with 750 pictures on our disc.
- Once the card number is entered into an account online, it can not be entered into a second Photopass account! The pictures also expire 30 days after you enter the card number.
- You can order photo gifts, etc on the website but the disc is really the best value. You get a copy write release as well so you can print your own photo gifts elsewhere.
- You can add borders, autographs and more to your photos. You can have up to 3 copies of any one photo.
- Even if you don’t buy the disc, let them take your pictures anyway. You can always at least look at them online.
- As soon as you enter the park on the first day, look for the people with the camera and learn their uniform. They all wear the same outfit. Being able to spot them will be beneficial throughout your trip.
- Once you learn what a Photopass photographer looks like, watch for them! Often they come out before a character does. If you see one just standing around, ask them if a character is about to come out. We have done this quite a few times!
- Make sure you let them know that you bought the disc as soon as they start taking your pictures. They will take more!
- Ask them about character shots. These are shots where they include things like Simba, Stitch, Etc. They will pose you and then you can insert the character when you are editing your photos (see the Simba picture above).
If you have any more tips or tricks to share about the Photopass service, please leave a comment!
Don’t forget to ask the Photopass photographers for the Magic Shots.
Learn more about souvenirs in the Walt Disney World parks.